Unexpected Mail

Mischa was cuddling Noel when he got a message from Nina. She'd asked him to come back to her's. Apparently there was a package for him, which made him curious. No one ever sent him anything.
Noel didn't want to be left alone, so Mischa let him come with him. He was sure Nina wouldn't mind.

When Mischa walked in, he noticed Nina sat on the couch. She looked slightly worried...or upset? He couldn't really tell. He never could with her.
"Nina?" Mischa began to walk into the living room.
"Міша" Nina smiled slightly as she saw him. Her gaze then flicked to Noel, "and who's this?"
"I'm- I'm Noel" He felt slightly anxious.
"Oh! The super amazing boyfriend that Міша was ranting to me about."
Mischa blushed, "Hey! You were not supposed to tell him that!"
"oops?" Nina smiled, "anyway, Міша, you have something here"
Mischa nodded, grabbing Noel's hand as he sat down.
He looked at the letter, and then up at Nina,
"Do you know what it is?.."
Nina stayed quiet. She did know, but she didn't want to tell him.
"Just open it" She mumbled.
Mischa nodded, he could've sworn he recognised the handwriting on the envelope. As he opened it, he noticed two pieces of paper folded up. One looked like it had something inside it. He took the thinner letter out first. When he unfolded it, he noticed the writing was the same as the writing on the envelope.

Dear Міша,
I hope you are doing okay. I heard you took my advice on going to Nina's and i am glad. I remember when you would complain to me about your adoptive parents. I am happy to hear you are safe. I spoke to your mother recently. I do not believe she has been working anymore, as she is too ill now, but she wishes she could see you again. She requested i send this to you
Yours truly,
Talia

Mischa was shaking a lot after reading it. He took a deep breath, calming himself, before opening the second letter. Inside it was a silver ring. Mischa carefully put the ring on, before reading the letter.

My dearest Міша,
I have heard you have made good friends in Canada. I am very sorry i had to send you there, but you could not stay here. I hope you like the ring, my dear. I remember when you were little, you would always complement mine. I thought you might like one of your own. I hope you are okay in Canada, and i wish i could hug you one last time. I love you, my son.
Sincerely,
Tamara Bachinski.

Mischa was in tears after reading it. Noel frowned slightly and rubbed Mischa's back, trying to comfort him. Nina got up, hugging Mischa tightly as well.
"It's okay, Міша..." She whispered, "i will make sure you get to see her again.."
"Really?.." Mischa's voice broke as he spoke.

He'd do anything, anything, just to see her at least one more time before it was too late. He didn't care if he had to try and get a job at the stupid Taco Bell. As long as he could get the money. As long as he could see her. That's all he wanted to do. It felt like it had been so long. Although he couldn't remember when it was. But he remembered that day. In the airport. When his mother had held him tightly and kissed him goodbye. He could remember it like it was yesterday. Speaking to her one last time...before she got any worse...
This time, he had to say goodbye.