A Difficult Job

To Nina, it was weird being alone again. Well, she wasn't exactly alone, but she felt lonely. As Mischa wasn't there, she'd mainly been...working. She didn't talk about her work. It was a private thing. That's why she worked outside of Uranium. If anyone found out, it'd spread quickly. So she wouldn't trust anyone.

Now, my dear readers. I know you're probably wondering, 'Author, what is Nina's job?' And to put it simply, she was like Monique.

Nina sat up, in an unfamiliar house, with yet another stranger laying next to her. But hey, at least she was getting more money. She got up, throwing on her shirt, and some pants that had been thrown on the floor tge previous night. She looked over at the stranger who was still asleep. So many people would probably ask her how she could do this without a single care in the world. In truth, she wasn't sure. She just, never got attached. It was better that way. No attachments meant no feelings or complicated relationships, and she'd like to keep it that way.

She grabbed her bag, cigarettes and a lighter, as well as her wallet, before leaving. She wasn't staying for any longer. Obviously after everything, there would be aftercare, but she didn't like sticking around after. That could cause attachments.

She quietly left, making sure she wouldn't wake anyone up, and headed straight back to her house. She wanted to shower again. Her job was hard sometimes. The feeling of being used over and over again wasn't great, sometimes it got overwhelming. She'd sometimes scrub at her skin, trying to get the feeling to go away. Guys were rough, and assholes, but they paid her, and she needed the money. She ran upstairs, throwing her stuff on the floor, and immediately getting into the shower.

She threw herself onto her bed, running her hands through her hair. The thought of having to do this again later was like a punch to the gut. She wasn't sure how much longer she could handle it. Maybe she should try to find a new job?.. But then again, it probably wouldn't pay as well. She sighed, putting her headphones on and blasting music.

(-assume Tamara and Mischa are speaking to each other in Ukrainian, I'm writing it in English so i don't have to keep translating it-)

Mischa was tightly holding Noel's hand as they headed to the hospital to see his mother. He was anxious. He hadn't seen her in ages. He was scared of how ill she might look. But he was trying to not focus on that.
Talia quickly parked as they got to the hospital. None of them were talking, unsure of what to say. Noel continued to hold Mischa's hand as they walked in and Talia spoke to the receptionist. Talia then directed them to follow her as she walked to a hospital room, and quietly walked in.

Tamara's eyes widened a little as she saw Mischa come in and walk up to her.
"Mischa?..." She teared up slightly.
"Mama..." Mischa dropped Noel's hand, to hold onto his mothers.
"I'm sorry i sent you away..."
"it is okay... It was the only thing you could do..."
"How have you been? You have grown so much.."
"i have been okay, Mama.. The family who adopted me were nit great.. They kicked me out a little while ago, but i am staying with Nina now"
"i remember Nina, she was like an older sister to you, always stopping you from getting into trouble.." Tamara smiled sadly. The thoughts were bittersweet.
"who is your friend?.." Tamara asked, looking at Noel and then to Mischa.
"His name is Noel, and uh.. He is actually my boyfriend.."
"You like boys?"
Mischa nodded, "i like boys and girls"
Tamara smiled, "I am happy for you, i am glad you found someone"
"You are not upset?.."
Tamara shook her head, "He makes you happy, that is all that matters"
Mischa gently hugged his mother, trying not to cry.
"Thank you..."