▫️Five

Ginelle's pov

A small smile formed on my face when Grey opened the store's door for me to walk in. Though his actions were gentle, his face still remained stoic but he wasn't as stiff as before.

"How was school?" Lora softly asked Dalton as she took his school bag from his shoulders. Before he could even reply his mother, Dalton rushed over towards me when he saw me walk in.

"Elle," he wrapped his hands around my abdomen tightly squeezing me. I had to admit that he was getting stronger.

"Did you miss me?" I ruffled his messy hair when he looked up at me. His blue eyes shined with innocence and I could fawn all day at how adorable he was.

"A lot," he smiled at me absent-mindedly playing with his loosely hanging blue tie.

"I bought you burgers, wanna try?" He was always hungry once he got from school so Lora always had something for him to eat.

"Yay!" He started to pull my hand away but then stopped when he realized I wasn't alone. Grey was still standing beside us, though he'd been silent the whole time.

"You're very strong!" Dalton exclaimed as he came to stand in front of him. I held back my laughter watching the two.

Like every other boy his age, Dalton wanted to be muscular in the future so every time he saw any man with muscles, he'd stare at their arms with interest.

Grey wasn't helping it either when he crossed his arms over his chest. He seemed calm now, staring down at Dalton but turned towards me when he felt my eyes on him.

"This is Grey," I glanced between the two of them and smiled when Dalton outstretched his right hand.

"My name is Dalton, Elle is my friend." He wrapped his arms around my left one after shaking his hand and he smiled up at Grey.

"She is also mine." He replied, his eyes holding mine for a while before they went back to Dalton. I felt a strange movement from the pit of my stomach at his words.

"Let's eat together," without notice, Dalton had looped his other hand over Grey's hands then whirled us towards the back room.

"Mama, mama!" Dalton apprehensively called letting go of our hands as he turned around the room. There was no one in sight.

"Dal, seat over here. I'll call mama." He turned to look up at me and nodded obediently. He was past the phase where children would cry over not saying their parent.

I situated him in the small couch and pinched his cheeks and he laughed softly, exposing his upper missing teeth.

Grey leaned on the wall opposite us with his legs crossed and arms wrapped around his chest. His head was inclined slightly towards us and the strange feeling coursed through me once more.

"Watch over him please, I'll be back." I blinked up at him feeling my whole body get jelly under his intense stare.

"Mmh," he hummed deeply and with a small smile, I was out of the room. I fanned my hands over my face wondering why I was feeling hot all of a sudden.

"Elle," I jumped when Jordan called from behind me, startling me. He was carrying some books and an empty carton.

"Where is Lora?" I asked after gaining my composure. It was almost closing time and most of the books on display had been sold out, so it'd been a good day.