▫️Seven

Grey's pov

I was already up at five in the morning. There was nothing interesting in laying on bed when I was fully awake. The covers of my large bed didn't seem to bring the warmth I so much desired.

The one only she possessed.

I vigorously washed my face so as to be more awake, briefly looking at my reflection on the mirror. I appeared as a looming shadow, mainly due to the dim lighting I had on but I was much used to it.

I changed into some workout shorts then went downstairs to begin my day. It was a repetitive chain from work to home and back though I was content with how my life was.

Everything seemed fine to me until almost two weeks back when I realized a very important piece of me was missing. One that I'd never thought of till it struck me.

Ginelle

I adjusted my body and arms properly so as to begin lifting the weights above me. Music wasn't an option to me as most people preferred while working out. I preferred silence, letting myself get consumed by the thoughts of her.

I hadn't slept a wink after last night. Staying at her place, interacting with Dalton and playing with them had brought me so much joy that I never knew existed.

It felt as if I'd gone on vacation, relaxing myself and fully letting my guard down. That's how I felt around her, carefree. I wasn't that expressive but my insides danced ceremoniously each time she looked at me.

Today's workout seemed easier to me that I managed to pull out everything without a sweat. The soft feeling of her hand on my forehead melted the insides of my heart that a different rhythm began to beat, faster than the usual one.

All of this was new to me. I never once experienced such emotions but I slowly welcomed them, embracing them fully. Ginelle had already taken a part of me the first time we met.

Her scent, the lemon in her hair, her honey coloured eyes, her small tiny hands that held onto mine as we crossed the road. Everything about her was perfect. I found even her blinking adorable and there was nothing that could be done to help my case.

I took off my shirt that clung on me rather uncomfortably after the intense workout and tossed it carelessly on a seat nearby as I walked to the kitchen to get some water. I pulled out a glass to pour some water and my thoughts wandered back to last night.

The softness of her hands on my lips had me frozen completely. Her lovely eyes stared up at me and she blinked at me ever so innocently that I couldn't hold back the strangled breath that had my lips parting.

I was physically strong on every aspect, mostly because of my job but surprisingly I wasn't strong enough to handle her. To handle the emotions that came along with her innocent touches.

I jolted back to reality when I felt water getting to my feet. So lost in the thought, I didn't realize water had been overflowing from the glass the whole time.

Running my hand through my hair, I sighed and picked up a table cloth to wipe the messy counter. I needed to set my thoughts right. It was too early to be loosing focus.

After cleaning the wet floor too, I took my shirt from the seat where I'd tossed it earlier as I went upstairs to take a shower.

Today being a Saturday I was free from any duties so I didn't need to go to the military camp unless there were any emergencies.

Lately I hadn't been frequently going by but being in charge, there was no one to question me. As long as everything was under control.

I chose a random black t-shirt from the many I owned and a pair of brown trousers. I was going to stay indoors after all.