▫️Thirty

Grey's pov

To say that I'm unsettled is an understatement.

My heart aches as my eyes fleet back to the beauty in my living room. She's so beautiful even as she laughs and sings along with Mayella and Dalton over a song that plays on TV.

They've been coming over to my house for the past week; we all hang out, play and eat together. Her friends Leila, Louis and Jordan have even visited twice.

Those have been the best moments of my life and I would do anything just to relive those times. Right now I'm counting hours, two hours before I leave and I can't just come into terms with this fact.

I won't be able to see her for quite sometime, neither will I see her eyes crinkle into little moons whenever she smiled. I would miss her soft kisses over my jaw everytime I pretended to scowl.

I couldn't bear with us separating, even for a minute.

"The team will be arriving soon," Reece speaks again and I have to force my eyes back to him. He assesses me before saying, "You don't look good man."

There's no denying because I don't feel good either. I have a mission to get to, I have a girlfriend I can't bear parting with. My heart weighs heavier as I exhale.

"I have a favor to ask," Reece gives me a slight smirk but I don't care what he'd think of me. This is what I'm feeling, I can't hide it anymore.

"Can you look out for Ginelle when I'm away, please?" I look at her for a moment before turning to Reece. "Like make sure that she's safe, comfortable and eats her meals."

Reece doesn't acknowledge my statement so I continue, "Ask her friends too to watch over her, she likes the chocolate flavored ice cream best and some swee-"

"I get it man, I'll take care of it." Reece pats my shoulder but I'm not settled at all. He gives me one pointed look that I dismiss making him roll his eyes.

"She also asked about Clarissa, let them meet when they're not busy." I think hard of anything else that I might be leaving out.

"You do talk a lot nowadays," Reece pins me a knowing look as he rolls his eyes again. Ignoring him, I see my tulip approach us, the smile on her face so bright that I feel dazed.

"Is it almost time?" I nod as Reece leaves us to go look after the children. Ginelle loops her hands over my arm, tingles arising on my skin at the contact.

"Let's get you ready then," she smiles dazzlingly that my knees almost buckle as she leads me upstairs. I can't think of how hard I'll miss her, so I scoop her up into my arms, a squeal escaping her tender lips.

"We have-" I cut off her words with a smooch on her lips as I guide us to my room. The company she claims won't see us here, not that I care if they do.

I kiss her for the longest time, my mouth tasting every part of her face as I commit every feeling to memory. I move to her neck, licking every spot of her visible skin.

She trembles, her breath catching up and I don't take a break. My lips draw to her lovely collar bones and all over the pale skin I see. I exhale a bit as I look at her face that radiates in front of me.

I'm caught by surprise when she takes lead, her hands moving up and down chest through my shirt. She attaches her lips on mine and I lean up on her, my hand resting on the door frame.

She's so sweet, her tongue tasting like the apples she had just taken earlier. I have to bit back the urge to lock us inside this room and never come out.