▫️Thirty-four

Ginelle's pov

Grey was stubborn.

He had coaxed me all week into allowing him rest from home and after his consistent begging, I eventually gave in. I didn't want to see him sad at any moment.

I consulted Enzo first to make sure that it was safe to stay home and he said it was okay as long as Grey came to have his wound dressed again after every four days.

Four days ended today but Grey was so stubborn. He was now shaking his head in a pout insisting that he was fine and that he could have the bandages changed from home.

"Babe you know I want you to recover soon, we should do as the doctor instructed." I took the space next to him on the bed while taking his hand and tried to reason out.

"The doctor also said you could change them for convenience," he patted my hair down as he looked into my eyes and shifted me closer to me.

Enzo had said I could change the bandages myself but I didn't want him to feel the pain when the anesthetics in hospital could help with that, it would also be safer that way.

"Yes but-" his index finger touched my lips shushing me, his head inclined to look at my face. He gave me a pleading gaze that I couldn't ignore so I again gave in.

For him, I was going to give in so many things.

I took out the kit on the drawer next to the bed knowing Enzo must have dropped it sometime this week. When everything was ready, I turned to Grey.

He looked too excited when I took the spot in front of him on the bed. Even in this situation, I blushed when I slowly started taking his shirt off.

I could feel his eyes intently trained on me so I tried to focus on doing things right but his bare chest made my face flush even more.

"Tell me when it hurts, okay?" I asked after placing the shirt on my left. He didn't respond and I alarmingly lifted my eyes to him.

Was he already in pain?

I nudged his arm when he continued to look at me without saying anything. My eyes dropped from his to inspect his wound though it seemed fine to me.

"Come here, sweetheart." He patted his thighs as he leaned back to stretch out. I was confused though I slowly inched towards him.

He furrowed when I left some space between us and I almost squealed when he pulled me by my waist that I was almost sitting on him now.

I looked up at him wide eyed when he adjusted me sideways and then leaned down to kiss my forehead. One of his hand rubbed over my forearm, the other still moving round my waist.

"Change now," I stared up at him, my ears not registering what he was saying as I watched his Adam's apple bob up and down.

My eyes fleeted to his neck down to his chest and I zeroed on his abs, counting each of them with my eyes. They were eight in number and so defined.

The mid-morning sun shone through the drawn curtains making his skin glow and I just couldn't seem to take my eyes away.

"If you keep looking at me that way I might not hold back anymore," my head jerked to the side when he whispered suggestively into my ear.

My face heated up and my hands shook as I fumbled to get everything out of the kit. I laid out everything on the bed and cautiously began to remove the old bandage off his body.

I was careful not to hurt him as I unwrapped him out of the layers round his waist though I had to admit I was getting distracted.

Each time I leaned forward to get to his back, Grey would peck my shoulder and his hands would move round my waist making goosebumps arise all over me.