▫️ Thirty-five

Ginelle's pov

It was a wonderful morning.

Soft chirps of birds flew over Grey and I as we sat at the back of his house enjoying the warmth the sun brought.

We were seated on a rattan swing chair, Grey's hand tugging my waist so that I lay my head on his chest as he rested his head on the soft cushions.

I smiled into the soft breeze  that blew by, my hair flying onto Grey's face and I laughed as I lifted my head to clear his face.

His lips curved up in a smile and I giggled, kissing his left jaw. There were times when I woke up so excited, I guess this was one of those days.

"Mornings are so beautiful with you my tulip," Grey cupped my left cheek as I continued to look at him, his words making me smile even further.

"I'm getting used to seeing you first thing in the morning," he smiled at my blushing face, his thumb stroking over my cheeks.

I too could say that the days were getting better each time we spent them together. It was now only five days since Grey got discharged but his wound was healing super fast.

We had just finished our breakfast that I'd woken up to prepare. I had planned to prepare everything on my own but Grey seemed to have a sixth sense that showed him what my next move was.

Five minutes weren't even over after I'd gotten into the kitchen before he walked in. He hugged me from behind, whispering good morning baby into my ear.

It took me a minute before I replied, his morning voice so deep especially when he repeatedly pecked my jaw saying that he loved me.

We had prepared pancakes together as he told me that Reece's mom, Rosie, had taught him when he was in military school.

I got to learn that he knew how to cook most foods though he was still learning to bake with me amongst a few other things he insisted on knowing.

I want to do everything for you, so teach me sweetheart. He had practically begged me to show him how to curl my hair after he'd seen me do so the day before.

It was so endearing to see him go to the depths of doing all this for me. I looked up at him and softly whispered, I love you.

He said the words back with a smile of his own and I just admired how handsome he was. His smile was like a treasure I wanted to keep with me all the time.

"Did you want to shave this?" I stroked over his overgrown stubble, my eyes briefly meeting his as I felt the hairs tickle my hand.

I loved his sideburns.

He didn't reply and when I looked up, he shook his head in protest. I furrowed my eyes at him though he smoothened the skin between my eyes.

"Why?" I wondered, my hands dropping from his face for a second but he placed them back so that I'd continue stroking his cheeks.

"You said I looked more handsome with the facial hair," my eyes widened, a blush forming as I tried to avoid his eyes.

"When did I say that?" I squinted my eyes at him when I didn't recall saying that and I watched his smile grow as he replied.

"The day we left the hospital, when you fell asleep after giving me my medicine." I blinked severally trying to recall what happened that day.

"You said it in your sleep," he gently tapped my nose when I began to protest, denying all his words and he chuckled at me.

I hid my face from him, his chest vibrating as he continued to laugh and I just listened to the sound of it.

There was no denying that I found him more attractive that way but I knew it was perhaps not comfortable with him.