▫️ Seventeen

Ginelle's pov

I hadn't meant to fall asleep at Grey's house but I eventually had. I sleepily rubbed my eyes as I turned around, moving my legs under the covers.

Surprisingly I was in bed though the last thing I remember was listening to a book Grey had been reading. I sat up straighter, leaning over the head board.

I had fallen asleep on Grey!

Surely he must think I was bored, who fell asleep during story telling? So that meant he had carried me here? The thought had me blushing to myself as I hugged the covers to my chest.

I sniffed into the calming scent of lavender mixed with pine that came from the sheets and a strong musky scent that seemed dominant of them all. My eyes zeroed in recognition when I inhaled deeper.

They smelled just like Grey.

I dropped the covers to my lap with wide eyes, frantically looking around me. This was Grey's room and most importantly, I was in his bed. My eyes furrowed when I spotted two teddy bears on the bed.

They were large, brown and fluffy, almost the size of a pillow. What were they doing here in his room? I wondered. Perhaps they were Mayella's but even for her, they were just too big.

The walls were plainly grey though I was attracted to a photo by his night stand. I slowly got out of bed and padded on the floor barefoot being quiet with my movements.

Grey was trying to smile in the picture and beside him was an older lady who smiled to her fullest. She resembled him even in her short stature as he wrapped his arm over her shoulder.

The photo had been taken a couple of years back, since Grey appeared to be in his late teenage years. He used to be a pretty boy. I guess he was good looking in all his life. His baby photos had to be cute too.

I was crying in all of mine.

The door creaked slightly and I subtly returned the photo frame to its place. Grey walked in watching me softly and I smiled back twirling my fingers together. I was getting shy all of a sudden.

He slowly walked towards me, intently staring at my face that I shyly looked away. Once he stood in front of me, I slowly looked up, fluttering my lashes innocently at him.

He stared at me then shook his head as he mumbled to himself with his eyes closed for a moment. I didn't want him being angry with me about last night and also for taking his bed.

"Good morning Grey," I suddenly seemed to remember that morning greetings were necessary. Living alone had you forgetting some of this things.

"Good morning tulip," his voice was deeper and huskier, ringing sweetly through my ears. My blush spread further when I saw that he was wearing a blue shirt. The one I'd bought him and goodness did it fit him very well.

I bit my lip to refrain myself from staring as I crossed my legs to lean back to the table behind me but I winced after accidentally hitting my toe at the corner.

"You'll catch a cold," Grey lifted me up and returned me to bed placing me at the edge where my legs dangled. I stubbornly shook my head in protest. Even without socks on, the floor was still carpeted.

Grey didn't seem to agree with me though he squatted and softly began to rub over my smallest left toe that had been jammed earlier. His dark hair lay messily on his head and I resisted the urge to run my fingers through.