▫️ Nineteen

Grey's pov

It was half past seven, way far from my usual waking time. The ringing of my phone had stirred me awake and I groggily reached for it from the nightstand.

This was a first, I had slept in.

Reece's excited voice came through so pitched that I had to pull the device away from my ears. I turned to the left and subconsciously furrowed my face into the covers.

I inhaled into the sweet and calming scent of Ginelle that had carried me throughout the night. The lemon was still strong on my pillows despite it being a few days ago when she'd been laying here.

The nights that had followed were blissful to me. I had found it easy to fall asleep even to the point of discarding the bears that usually stayed on the bed.

She had seen them though she hadn't questioned yet and I was beyond grateful. I had planned to tell her that they were Mayella's but the thought of lying to her didn't sit well with me.

Even in my sleep I had been calm, smiling of the sweet dreams I had. She was there and her presence seemed to brighten everything. There was light around me in my dreams though my focus seemed to only remain on her.

"Are you even up?" Reece brought me back to the present and I seemed to remember that I was still on call. Now that I checked the date, we had a mission today.

"Yeah, I'll be there soon." There had been a lot of cases lately about drugs being smuggled into the country and we were supposed to help the airport security infiltrate the goods.

We had been distributed to all the major airports though I was still in charge of them all. I was quick enough to prepare so as not to keep the others waiting.

I randomly wore a black t-shirt since we were going to get the airport uniform from their offices. My eyes lingered on the blue shirt that stood out from all my clothes.

She said I looked good in blue.

I had contemplated putting it on but I would end up wearing the shirt almost everyday. Perhaps buying another one would be the best idea. Lately my eyes tended to catch sight of blue items.

I took out all the necessary paperwork after quickly sipping a cup of milk and then drove off. There was no time to have a proper meal.

I was already late as it was and it was quite surprising the higher ups hadn't called. I caught sight of my phone at the dashboard and my thoughts fleeted back to yesterday.

Ginelle had called saying she wanted to wish me a good night. My heart seemed to get livelier after hearing her voice as I sat at the balcony looking up at the sky she loved to watch.

It was endearing how she liked the smallest of things. I watched the stars for the first time in my life as I listened to her cute rambles. She had told me about all her experiences and what she had done all day.

Fascinating is what she was and I hang onto every word, listening carefully to all her interests. I had the deepest urge to know her, learn to appreciate things they way she saw them. I wanted to see everything in her light because I found it beautiful when it was with her.

After our call I had stared at the sky for the longest time ever. Even with the city lights, the stars and the moon shining over the city, the sweetness of her voice dominated the night as it continued to ring in my mind.