▫️Ten

Ginelle's pov

The weekend had been full of fun but it was now over.

Sigh

Work was waiting and there were lots of tasks to be done. They obviously couldn't be procrastinated, Lora was so strict when it came to work.

I had worked all morning, sorting out the data from the previous mega sale and calculating the costs incurred while creating a chart to evaluate the progress.

It was tedious but who could I rely on? Obviously not Jo, he sucked at this.

Being the dedicated worker I was, Lora had given me an early lunch and I couldn't miss the sly smirk she'd been sending my way.

Everytime I zoned out or appeared distracted, which I wasn't, Lora had been wriggling her brows at me.

I knew what she was thinking of and my flushed face didn't seem to help the case. I blushed everytime.

Despite busying myself with work, glimpses of Grey had occasionally popped up into my mind.

Whether it was the almost there smile he send my way or the dimple on his left cheek, a feature of him always showed up in my thoughts.

I was also still over the moon after Saturday evening when I'd received a text from Grey. It had taken me a whole hour to figure out what to say.

In his text, he had asked whether I'd arrived home safely. It was close to 9pm and I assumed he was already at their camp.

After getting over my fussing, I had eventually replied and he acknowledged my text a minute later then wished me a good night.

I don't know why I even remember when he texted back. Perhaps this was due to my good memory, I reasoned out.

I also had to admit how great it felt to hear from him. That expectant feeling I got everytime I picked up my phone hoping to find something from him.

I hadn't heard anything else from him since then and I had contemplated texting several times, only that I didn't know what to say.

He could also be probably busy and I was the type to sulk if you didn't reply soon enough. I think I had developed a crush on Grey.

Leila had at one point explained this feeling as so and the collection on my little bookshelf back home pointed to that direction too.

Of course I had kept this secret to myself, not even Leila knew about it. I still didn't know how to react or what to do even. It was my first.

How embarrassing for one who was 25 years of age.

I knew nothing about men other than them being male, which wasn't an explanation in itself but this giddy feeling I got when I thought of Grey wasn't usual.

I didn't feel this excited when talking to Jo or Louis. Of course they were my friends and I didn't want to feel bad about that but that was how things were.

"You've been toying with your phone all morning!" I gulped, when Lora took the seat in front of me, coming back to the present.

"No reason!" I squeaked out, placing it on top of some books on my desk. I avoided looking at her eyes, she easily read me.

"Didn't say there was one," she crossed her arms over her chest as she leaned back. Her sly grin already on so I brought up something else.

"Dalton's fine?" I had just seen the lad one day ago, but I had to evade Lora's questions. The questions I didn't seem to have an answers to.