▫️ Eighteen

Ginelle's pov

"How is everything at the camp?" Grey's grandma asked after she'd finished her glass of water. Enzo and Reece were seated on her sides while I sat opposite them with Grey beside me.

"We're fine Nana," Reece grinned as he tried to pat her short gray hair though she swatted his arm away while rolling her eyes.

"Enzo, you're doing well?" She turned to her left disregarding Reece who began to whine and Grey chuckled lowly beside me. I nudged his side playfully to stay calm but he was really holding back his laughter.

"I am fine Nana, what about you?" Enzo asked back although his face still remained neutral, half serious half at ease. It reminded me of when I'd first met Grey.

The two were so similar unlike Reece who spoke most of the time and I wondered how they'd become friends.

"Oh boy, I am always doing well." She slapped his arm slightly giving us a brief glance. Enzo seemed to relax as he smiled a bit, I guess his profession made him that way.

Being a doctor was no joke.

"Aren't you going to ask me too Nana?" Reece pouted beside her, childishly stomping his feet and I laughed, making them turn their heads to me.

"Wow, your braids are well done." Grey's grandma came to seat beside me, totally ignoring Reece. He didn't seem to mind though because I saw him laugh at something with Enzo.

"Thank you," I smiled widely as I felt Grey shift beside me. My back was slightly turned away from him so I couldn't read his face.

"I remember forcing him to braid Mayella's hair," she was looking at Reece though I was under the impression that she was talking about Grey.

"I see he learned fast." An irresistible smile formed as I toyed with my fingers shyly averting my eyes. How quick she was to deduce but what other impression could she have when I was wearing her grandson's clothes?

That was making me feel more embarrassed now.

"You up for a game?" Reece stood up all of a sudden, slightly rising his left eyebrow at Grey. I inclined my head to the side not clearly understanding them. Were they going to watch a game or something, I wondered.

"They're not leaving," Grey's grandma whispered beside me and I felt my face heat up. She could easily read people and this wasn't working in my favor.

Grey reluctantly rose from beside me and followed Enzo and Reece to the door where they had disappeared to. He hesitated at the door looking back at me and I passed him a small smile.

"They are going to play basketball," she explained to me after Grey had left the room and I squinted my eyes not clearly understanding, she had said they weren't leaving though.

"There's a court at the back of the house." I hadn't walked around his house but I was surprised that he had a basketball court at his home.

"Really!" So Grey could play basketball too. With him being tall, I guess it could only be natural. Dalton would have been thrilled if he knew, the boy was too fond of sports.

Grey's grandma mumbled about Grey being a rude host for not showing me around but I assured her that it was okay, my stay here hadn't been planned.

It was nearing lunch time and I wanted to make myself useful so I decided to ask for her permission to prepare a meal for them but she bet me to it.

"Would you mind helping me out?" She gestured to the kitchen complaining at the many mouths she had to feed but smiled sweetly at me over her shoulder.

She took out all the ingredients while I stood at the counter on the left. "What can I do?" I meekly asked after having no idea what I was supposed to do.