▫️Twenty-one

Ginelle's pov

"Dal really enjoyed the bread you send over," Lora was seated across me round a small table as I helped her unpack the boxes that had arrived earlier this morning.

"Mama baked those just for him," I smiled knowing he had definitely liked the cookies too. They had become his favorite since I first offered them to him three years ago.

"Thank you," she took my hand, a grateful look on her face and I nodded in return. Lora was a strong woman. I admired how she managed herself, work and even her own family.

She carried out everything with a great poise and I greatly respected her for that but even when she appeared unbreakable on the surface, I knew there was a tender spot that she tried to hide.

Her husband. He was mostly away because of work and it was usually confidential since he was an FBI agent. I knew she would get restless not knowing about his whereabouts though she always tried to appear calm and collected.

"How is Mike?" I asked hesitantly knowing it was a hard subject for her. Her smile faltered but she assured me that he was fine. He was apparently working on a new case but had promised to come home in a week's time.

I hoped he would keep his word because it had been a while since Dalton saw his father. His ninth birthday was just coming up and I knew it was Dal's wish for him to be there.

"What about your friend, how is he?" I instantly blushed as I tried to busy myself with unpacking the books. A smile played on my lips that I didn't try to hide.

"He's also doing great," she coyly raised her left eyebrow and I playfully slapped her arm away. A small laugh escaped her and I grinned since she now appeared relaxed.

The week had passed by too quickly. My parents had stayed for the most of it but work had eventually caught up with them and they had left two days ago. I had so much fun in the few days we had together.

We had gone to the beach and had evening walks. One of those days we ran into Louis and Leila who had then joined us. I enjoyed our time there as we splashed water at each other and played like children.

Leila had also payed me a visit yesterday. She showed me all the pictures she had taken with Louis giving me all the details of what they had done. Some of which I thought were too personal but she had no filter.

Throughout the week, I spoke with Grey every night before bed. He usually asked how my day was, what I had done and I confided most things to him.

I also send him the fruits I had promised after mama had urged me to, one of the reasons I believed she had listened into our conversation earlier.

I didn't stay at his place for long because papa believed I was out buying groceries and Grey too needed to work on something. We hadn't seen each other physically after that and I missed him.

"Thinking about him?" Lora smirked after I zoned out. I attempted to deny her claim though the doorbell saved me as Jordan and Dalton pushed their way in.

Dalton rushed to hug Lora first then bountied towards me after tossing his school bag on the floor. Jo picked the bag rolling his eyes in annoyance.

"Elle, I learned skating today." He told me about his PE teacher who had chosen him to lead the rest of the class and about a boy named Jace who he had trained with.