▫️Thirty-eight

Ginelle's pov

"These would go well with my dress right?" Leila picked out some blue colored earrings and adjusted them close to her right ear.

I almost nodded encouragingly in a smile though Clarissa seemed to disagree. "The amber ones are way better."

Leila appeared conflicted at our choice differences but in the end chose the latter ones. I honestly didn't know these things well.

We were doing all this through a facetime call in preparation for her engagement party that would be held later tonight.

The past week had been a busy one for me especially since I had just gotten back to work. Lora and Jordan had covered me for the one month I'd been away but I didn't want to burden them longer.

Furthermore, Grey was already doing well. He was back to his energetic self, managing to do most things by himself.

The tightness in our schedules made a physical meeting almost impossible but we had met once during one evening to help Leila pick her dress.

She had tried over ten dresses that night, complaining that they were too short, another too tight, another too revealing.

Clarissa however helped in choosing the dress she had eventually settled for, a white off-shouldered dress with a soft layered lining.

"I wish you girls were here to help me do my hair and make-up," Leila began to whine as she now chose what hair pin to wear.

"And we all know that Louis has already prepared professionals to help with that," I retorted back playfully.

"Yes, but it's still different." She leaned closer to her screen and gave us an intimidating look. "You better be there to help me prepare for my wedding,"

"Wedding?" Clarissa and I exclaimed at the same time, making Leila pull back to her seat as she shushed us over the screen.

"We were going to announce it tonight," she looked around the room as if to check whether anyone had overheard our conversation.

Because she had already spilled the tea, we coaxed her into sharing more details with us. I'm sure Louis wouldn't even mind if he knew.

He might have perhaps shared the news with the boys but Grey hadn't told me anything. I knew he would have if he knew.

The door to my room opened again for the sixth time and Grey walked in with a glass bowl that had some grapes.

He smiled innocently like it was the first time he was coming in.

Throughout our call, Grey had been checking on me so often that I guess the girls must have noticed.

He at first came to bring me a glass of water then again brought me some crisps. The next time he just sat beside me and started to play with my hair.

The girls didn't see him through the screen but I knew they had an hunch that he was nearby from their smirks.

After grumbling that we were talking for so long, I tasked him with folding some of my clothes that I had recently washed.

He obediently finished the task less than three minutes later and he was back next to me again.

I appeased him with three kisses and shooed him out of the room but because this was Grey, he kept coming back for more.

"Elle, you can now take care of your guest." Leila held back a smile when she heard the sound of a door closing.

"Yeah, see you tonight." Clarissa too waved her hand and they both ended the call with amused faces.