▫️Twenty-six

Ginelle's pov

I think I should forget about Grey being adorable before because right now he looked so majestic and stunning.

He had one hand on the wheel while the other lay over his thigh. Large veins bulged out of his arms as we took a turn and I tried not to gulp at that.

His biceps flexed too as he rotated the wheel, the streetlights casting a beautiful glow over his skin. He looked straight ahead, his jaw twitching in concentration.

I continued to peek at him from the passenger seat to a point where I found my body fully turned towards him. He gave me several glimpses which I returned with a smile.

Grey was so selfless, even after getting Mayella and I jackets, he didn't get himself one. I shouldn't be complaining because I got to stare at his arms but I didn't want him falling sick out of the cold either.

"Grey?" I called out softly so as not to startle him in the silence. I was usually jumpy when someone spoke suddenly.

"Yes tulip?" I blushed first as I clasped my hands together and then looked at him then at his arms.

"Why didn't you put on a jacket?" I put on a stern face as I attempted to scold him. Even though the car was warm, it didn't compare to putting on something warm.

"I'm used to the cold," I furrowed my eyebrows at his reply and I noticed his eyes move to my face as his lips twitched. I put back the stern face to stop his musing face.

"Always put on a jacket at night when you are outside, okay?" I softened out at the end as I leaned closer to him, making sure that he was listening.

He nodded once and I expectantly continued to look at him. "Okay, my tulip." He gave a verbal reply and I leaned back into my seat biting back a grin.

I looked at him again to find a ghost of a smile playing over his lips. He turned to me and I admired how magnificent his smile was. It was worth all the stars in the sky.

My eyes then slowly went down his free hand and when I couldn't restrain myself longer, I slowly reached for his arm. I wanted to keep him warm, to share some of my warmth with him.

What I didn't expect was for the car to suddenly lurch forward with me almost hitting the dashboard. I closed my eyes before I felt a hand rest on my forehead.

"I'm so sorry," Grey's remorse tone made me open my eyes as I turned to him to check whether he was fine. His eyes were apprehensive as he side-watched me.

"Did I startle you?" I meekly asked as my breaths evened though my heartbeat remained as loud as ever.

I watched his throat bob up and down as he swallowed and gripped the wheel tighter. He mumbled incoherent words before his hand twitched, reaching over for mine.

He didn't spare a glance as his hand enveloped mine and my smile broadened when his thumb began to rub over my chubby fingers. Surprisingly, he was warm.

I toyed with his hand, feeling the roughness of his palm that was oddly comforting. We later pulled into a grand driveway, a large house coming to view and my mind chanted only one word.

Money

I knew such houses existed, having seen several online but this was something else. I continued to gape at the mansion-like house not paying attention to Grey who was now picking Mayella up.

My entranced look was broken when Grey peeked through his door as he took out a carrier paper bag and beckoned me, "Join us?"

I looked at the house before me then shook my head at his request. There's no way I was going in there un-invited and with no gift to offer.