▫️Forty-four

Grey's pov

I was a happy man.

My dream was slowly turning to a reality and I was very much content with this part of my life.

Out of all the days I felt the happiest, today was the greatest of them all.

It was the day I married the love of my life.

I was marrying Ginelle Spencer and I couldn't stop grinning at this.

Never in a million years would I have believed that such a time would come in my life.

I looked back at my reflection through the mirror as the guys chuckled beside me as they took photos of ourselves.

They had helped me dress appropriately into the dark blue suit my love had chosen for me.

There was a small white tulip at the left side of my breast pocket and I lightly felt over the soft material.

I grinned again, my attention no longer on the men around me as I thought of my wife to be.

What was she doing now? Was she excited just like I was? How would she look in her wedding gown?

Obviously I had seen her that day when we went to try on our gowns together but today was different.

She looked so wonderful then and that's why I was growing impatient to see her now.

My fingers itched and I reached for my collar as I tried to adjust the already perfect bowtie.

"You'll get to see her soon," Enzo patted my shoulder to stop this anxious habit of mine I had developed this morning.

They all knew we never stayed away from each other for this long. It was now six hours since the last time I saw her lovely face.

I knew the girls had taken her for her preparation but I did miss the warmth of her skin and the melody in her voice.

I couldn't contact her either because our phones were at home, the boys had insisted that I wouldn't need the gadget.

"How does it feel to be a groom?" Jo initiated small talk to keep me occupied so that I'd concentrate at least.

"This is the best feeling I've ever known," I looked at the promise ring on my finger and smiled.

"I feel so glad to have such a wonderful woman by my side whom I can rely on at anytime."

"It's the best thing ever, to have your woman with you forever."

Louis and Reece patted my back in understanding while Jo and Enzo exchanged confused glances.

We shifted the conversation to something else as I continued to impatiently stay in my seat.

I wanted to be with her.

"Everything is done now, let's get this started." Reece popped his head back into the room after discussing something with the staff outside.

I rose up at those words, Louis adjusting my bowtie that I had messed up with for the nth time.

"This is your day, relax." Jo patted my back as we all walked out of the room.

They led me towards the venue of our event and since it was just nearby, we got there in no time.

Elle and I had agreed to go for an indoor wedding and seeing how perfect everything had turned out, I couldn't wait to see her.

There quite a number of people already seated though the first family members to see were Nana and Elle's mother.

These two were seated beside each other and as I walked down towards the front, they cheered excitedly.