▫️ Thirty-seven

Ginelle's pov

"Grey, we're going to be late." I tossed my phone into my purse, my eyes fleeting towards Grey who had been standing in front of the mirror for a minute now.

He looked at his attire in a frown, his hands straightening the non-existent crunches on his pants.

Today was when we went to visit my parents and to say that Grey had been panicking since morning was an understatement.

After fussing over what to put on, I had chosen a plain blue shirt together with the black pants he was now frowning over.

Earlier on he had opted for a more formal wear, some suits I found him trying on but I thought that was just too much.

"You look handsome," his eyes fleeted to mine at my assurance and I noticed the tension in his lessen for a second.

I walked towards him in a smile and wrapped my arms around his waist then pecked his lips once causing him to smile, his previous worry temporary forgotten.

"And you get more beautiful each time I see you, Ginelle." He slowly turned me around so that we were both looking at the mirror.

I shyly looked away from my blushing face, Grey mumbling out adorable as he took out his phone to snap pictures of us.

I then helped him adjust the buttons of his shirt that we're halfway done after I had fixed my own hair.

"That should be all, shall we head out?" I almost pulled him away from the mirror because he was now back to his anxious self.

"Is my hair styled correctly?" He patted his hair back, his head moving in all angles as he examined himself all over again.

He looked like a young boy worrying about his appearance and I just wanted to laugh at how cute he was being.

When he didn't get an answer from me, he stood straighter all of a sudden as if he had suddenly remembered something.

Relax, we're not going to an interview - I had repeated these words to him all week but he now seemed to have remembered.

"I just wanted to make a good impression," he looked down at the floor in a pout and I almost giggled at his face.

"Mama already loves you and you know that, papa has been asking me when you'll visit so that he'd play golf with you."

His eyes brightened when I told him so and I gave him a small smile before tugging him out of the room so that we'd leave. He didn't protest this time.

I locked the house behind us then walked towards his car where he helped me in and soon we were off.

My parent's house was just two hours away. They hadn't left for work in the past week so they were living closer to the city.

Grey had relaxed ten minutes into the ride as I continued to hold his hand to calm him down and assure him there was nothing to worry about.

I watched the scenery on our way, my mind drifting back to early at the start of this year when I was passing through this road.

I remembered insisting on coming to work just three weeks into the new year even when mama had been against that idea.

I remembered taking a bus to the city then all of a sudden the weather changed. The tremor that had me shaking on the floor of the bus when it slipped.

I shuddered a bit at the memories of that day and Grey seemed to notice, his thumb now caressing the top of my hand.