▫️ Forty-one

Ginelle's pov

Saturday the 23rd of January was finally here with us. It was Grey's and I special day, the anniversary of our first meet.

The morning was so bright, the sun having risen earlier than usual and everything seemed to fall in our favor.

I couldn't believe that an year had passed by since then, my time with him so precious that it barely felt that long.

We had cleared our schedules just to spend this day together and for the few hours since I woke up, I had been smiling non stop.

I had woken up to surprise flowers Grey had prepared and a very hearty breakfast he'd brought me to bed.

My unruly morning appearance didn't seem to faze Grey at all as he had fed me, his hands occasionally ruffling my hair.

Together, we had prepared to visit that ice cream store Grey and I had once gone to that one time he helped me carry boxes into the bookstore.

I smiled at the memory of those days, Grey insisting that we recreate that moment so as to relive where our relationship had began.

Side by side, we sat at the very exact spot we'd been then and I remembered admiring him that time, the thought of someone as handsome as him wanting to be my friend feeling so unreal.

I remembered seeing the tiny blush on his neck when he ordered the strawberry ice cream and I giggled at the memory.

"What is it?" Grey looked up at my giggle and I laughed again at the smear on his nose.

"I just remembered how shy you were," I wiped away his nose and took a scoop of his ice cream, loving how the combination tasted so great.

"B-But I'm not-" I laughed lightly when he began to protest and instead fed him my own ice cream to silence him.

"I've caught you blushing severally," he looked into my eyes as if to deny but mumbled to himself that there was no need.

"It's adorable though, I love it." My hand found his at the top of the table and I felt his thumb softly rub over my skin, reciprocating my touch.

"You blush the most sweetheart," as if on cue, my cheeks warmed up and there was a satisfied grin on Grey's face.

His words of endearment always got me everytime and seeing that he won this time, I let him be.

After that, we took a stroll on the side path that led us to a park and it reminded me of that time Grey and I got on the merry go round.

"That ride was frightening, do you remember?" He looked around us and when he cleared his throat looking ahead, I nudged his arm.

"Y-yes it was," he spoke unevenly and knowing something was up, I stood in front of him to get his attention.

"Was there something else? I noticed you appeared different then." I probed further as I held onto him.

"Umm, I'm afraid of fast spinning movements." I heard him lowly speak and my eyes widened at his confession.

Then why would he go up with me if he had that phobia? I remembered him holding me to himself during the ride and I assumed it was because of the hitch.

Turns out that he was afraid. I looked up to him in question and seeming to understand what I wanted to ask, he replied.

"You were so excited to go for the ride so I accompanied you." He looked at me as if it was something natural everyone could do.

I stared back at him for a while, his genuine actions warming my heart but I didn't want him to go out of his way just for my own comfort.

"Don't do it again, okay?" He appeared puzzled at my serious face and when he didn't give in to my words, I insisted.