▫️Thirteen

Ginelle's pov

We stood in line as people murmured loudly all around us. The school was flooded with students, parents and a few teachers.

It was the school's annual general meeting and the grounds were packed to capacity. From every corner, expensive cars were lined up as well clad ladies and gentlemen emerged from them with the latest bags on their arms.

Lora had invited Leila and I to this event since Dal was being awarded for being the best basketball player from his school team.

We were all proud and had come to celebrate him this very day. Louis was busy handling some sort of emergency at the company while Jordan wasn't able to make it thus it was only us three here.

Mayella too attended this school. I wondered if we'd see her or perhaps Grey. It was highly unlikely though. Her parents or Reece were probably the ones present.

An officer showed us the column we were supposed to occupy as Lora thanked him. The social hall was already filled as we walked in though we were lucky enough to get the front seats.

I guess we were seating according to classes. We were just on time.

Leila and I were supposed to get ready together this morning but after the sudden weather change yesternight, she had just dropped by to pick me up. She had waited for over an hour though since I was barely awake by the time she arrived.

With the sharp eyes she possessed, Leila had bombarded me this questions after seeing a note by my bed that I hadn't even seen myself. I was usually drowsy in the mornings that everything always appeared blurry. It was not until I took a bath that I at least sobered up.

"Elle, what's the meaning of this?" She was seated on the edge of my bed as she held a piece of paper in her hand.

"What's that?" I was adjusting my dress as I attempted to zip it up and at the same time walk towards her. I took the paper from her as I read over.

Everything was lovely, the shoes and shirt. Thank you for having me over.
~G

I read the note almost over ten times before Leila snatched it out of my hand. She gave me a pointed glare especially when I began to blush and toy with my fingers.

"Grey came by yesterday," I stated the obvious and I could see her smile widen. "He wanted to see if I was okay." I added, taking a seat beside her.

"Did you tell him about it?" She asked referring to my fear for thunder but I shook my head making her frown so I explained.

"Remember that day when our bus got damaged?" I began and Leila's eyes seemed to widen. "He helped me that night," Leila squealed then tossed her head on the pillows.

"Wow, you're just cute." She said then lifted up her face to me. "He figured on his own that you were afraid and came over? Where do I find such a caring man?" She mumbled the last part to herself.

"But how did he know the address?" Of course nothing escaped her. Leila squinted her eyes at me as she wriggled her eyebrows.

"He had come over before." I shyly told her as I turned to the side to occupy myself with oiling my arms.

"What?" I held back my ears as I jumped in fright at her loud squeal. "He's been over not only once but twice?" She shook my arms then shook her head and stood up from bed.