▫️ Sixteen

Ginelle's pov

It was comforting.

The soft massaging of my scalp as someone ran their fingers through my hair. I was awake but my eyes remained shut as I let the great feeling take over me.

I smiled into the soft and wood scented fabric remaining still to enjoy the moment for as long as possible but I accidentally let out a soft moan when they got to my tender spot.

The person doing so stopped and I frowned, opening my eyes. Dark grey eyes stared down at me unblinking that I saw my image in them with my head halfway braided.

"Sweetheart?" Grey cupped my face shaking me out of the daze I seemed to have fallen to. I blinked twice then jerked my head up when I realized I had been hugging his torso.

Sweetheart

My memory seemed to get back to me because I remembered doing shopping on a mall downtown. Then there was an accident I didn't seem to remember but I remember people running all over.

"You're okay," Grey turned to me, his face reassuring as he took my hand. I involuntarily shivered and he took a shawl from the coach and covered my upper body.

"Thank you for-" I had barely finished my statement when I choked and began to cough continuously. My chest constricted painfully as I curled my knees sideways.

"Sorry tulip, you must take this medicine," Grey took out four tablets of different colours each the size of a bottle top on his palm. There was a glass of water in his other hand and I closed my eyes in displeasure.

I hated taking medicine especially pills because I could barely swallow them. I usually drank all the water but the pills still remained in my mouth not to mention the terrible taste left on my tongue if they were bitter.

"My friend prescribed these," he began to explain but I shook my head to tell him that I trusted him. He didn't have to explain though I wondered how long I had been passed out.

"Do you have something sweet?" I didn't want to start demanding for things at his place but there was no way I could swallow those pills unless they were crushed into powder.

"Like ice cream?" Grey's eyes perked in anticipation but I shook my head. I needed a drink to take the medicine. An orange juice could suffice.

"You have ice cream?" I sat straighter with my legs dangling over the sofa as I asked. Even while seated, I hardly touched the floor.

"Y-yes," his face was downcast as he replied with his thumb moving around his chin. The back of his neck turned pink as he cleared his throat shifting beside me.

My cheeks turned up as I smiled and then I nodded at him that ice cream was fine. He almost grinned when he rose up and tucked his hands into his jean pockets.

I stared at how well they framed his legs and the black shirt that left his arms on display. He looked like every girl's dream, not to add how considerate and sweet he was with his actions.

Maybe his girlfriend would find me here at his house then beat me to the pulp and pull out my hair. I shuddered at my thoughts as I bit my lower lip. He didn't have one or did he?

"Tulip," I had zoned out again though my eyes brightened at the chocolate flavored ice he had at his hand. It was similar to the one we'd tried last week.

I happily took it from his grasp together with a spoon and began gobbling it down. Did he buy this for Mayella or was it mine? Sometimes my brain got stuck, just like now. What was I even thinking?