▫️Twelve

Ginelle's pov

It was half past seven and it was raining heavily.

It was supposed to be our sleepover night but Leila wasn't in a position to drive here. As I had said, it was raining cats and dogs.

I was curled in my bed with the covers all over me as I listened to the regular pattern of water droplets harshly hitting the bedroom window.

Shivering to myself, I tightened the covers to my neck as I pressed my head to my knees so as to comfort myself.

In spite of it being dark and cold tonight, I was grateful that there was no thunder. It came from a distance, barely there, putting me a little at ease.

I still occasionally rubbed over my legs and arms anxiously although this was the calmest I had ever been. At least I wasn't crying.

Leila had promised to make our meal tonight and I didn't feel like cooking. Seemed like I'd have to snack through.

I had just decided to walk out of bed and get some crisps when the doorbell suddenly rung. I jumped back, my head hitting over the headboard rather painfully.

Had Leila changed her mind? It was still raining though.

There was no call or message from her and I reluctantly put on my flats as I went to open the door. I was already changed into my pajamas.

An extra large orange t-shirt that hovered over my thighs with matching socks that had balloon patterns and brown colored sweatpants.

My colour combination wasn't the greatest but it was the least of my worries. I didn't need to look good even when I was sleeping.

The coldness of the night seeped through me as I opened the door but my eyes widened at the tall frame that stood in front of my door.

"Grey?" He ran his eyes over my body from head to toe, accessing every part of me and I heard him sigh before meeting my eyes.

"Tulip," he hoarsely spoke, taking a step closer as he placed his right hand over the doorframe. I stood my ground, shyly glancing up at him at the nickname.

I was always over the moon everytime he said it.

"You're fine?" I nodded as I stared into his grey irises that glistened over the dull lighting of the corridor. His lashes, long and thick, perfectly framed his eyes.

So pretty.

My gaze, at it's own accord, dropped to the top his chest where his shirt remained unbuttoned. I noticed drops of water trickling down and my eyes wandered further.

"You're wet!" I exclaimed meeting his eyes for a moment as I trailed over the visible part of his body through the now clear white shirt.

Ripped. The one word I could describe his body as. My eyes remained glued to the spot, counting the even bumps I could see on his tanned skin of his lower chest.

"Eight?" I gasped when I heard him cough, blurting out the unthinkable. I averted my gaze as I took his free arm, shaking my head as I chastised myself for my odd behaviour.

"Come in," I pushed the door wider as I helped him in. How rude of me to stare when he had probably caught a cold for staying in the rain for long.

I tried closing the door by kicking it backwards but I staggered and ended up swaying Grey sideways that he almost fell.