▫️ Twenty-seven

Grey's pov

"Nice shot! Do you play professionally?" I shook my head when Louis asked as he patted my shoulder then jogged by.

We had finally met for that game he'd previously arranged and I had tagged Reece along, though he had bugged me all day to let him join.

Jordan was also with us and we had interacted quite well over the game, not just through glares as we had previously.

Other than Reece and Enzo, I had made three other acquaintances and this wasn't my normal way of living. I had always preferred solitude and thought that I content that way.

It was usually quiet just going by my way but when a ball of sunshine landed into my life and I felt some unusual warmth, I knew that the pattern had to change.

Ginelle, my sun, my tulip, my sweetheart, my girlfriend.

I remember staying awake for the last few nights just thinking of her, thinking of how I had a girlfriend. It felt like a dream come true and I would smile at the ceiling just at the thought of it.

My heart soared with satisfaction everytime we touched and I longed for the taste of her lips, having been apart for the past three days since there was just lots of work to be done.

I felt anxious about a mission that would be coming up in a month, something I had to share with Elle and it pained me just thinking of how worried she usually got.

She was usually worried when I was away and I in turn also worried that she would get too worried and fail to take care of herself. I was still not sure of when to disclose this to her.

This mission wasn't like any other, I had to fly out of the country with my men after Reece's team had failed to remotely access the targets. I knew this was my job but it was frustrating to think of parting with my girlfriend.

I never wanted to be apart from her and at one time she had told me to always call when I missed her and refrained from doing so every hour, only limiting myself to mornings and during the night.

Truth be I missed her every minute, I missed her lovely scent that normally calmed me down - she had never noticed that I always sniffed on her like a dog.

I would bury my nose into crook of her neck and bask into the warmth of her as I listened to her heartbeat then she would tug the ends of my hair just above my neck, an action that made me hold her even closer.

I tried to think of other things and not the feeling that came along with that touch because I could easily end up running to her apartment right now.

"You okay?" Reece took the bottle in my hands after a short side eye. I probably looked like a living statute, staring into space with a smile creeping out.

"Must be thinking of his girlfriend," Louis joined us, making Jordan and Reece cringe at the same time after he'd spoken. They obviously couldn't relate to this feeling.

"I think of mine all the time, can't stay without calling her." As if on cue, his phone began to vibrate and with how wide his smile got, I could tell it was her.

Reece took out his phone too and I knew he was texting Clarissa, a trainee at our camp. Their relationship seemed to be progressing because she wasn't giving him a cold shoulder as it was before.

"I was just looking out for Elle," Jordan began as we walked away from Louis and Reece. I turned to him and nodded when I realized he was talking about our previous encounters.

How he had shown a dislike to me. In all honesty I didn't like how close to Elle he seemed to be at first. I couldn't bear thinking of her being romantically involved him.