▫️Twenty

Ginelle's pov

My heart beat unusually fast and I felt as if my lungs were caving in. The funny movement I felt in my tummy when I was with him intensified. I was melting, no, my body felt all mushy and warm.

I had kissed Grey's neck.

This was embarrassing at first, doing it without his consent and a small part of me recoiled at what I had done but him reciprocating the affection had me blushing harder.

When I was younger, mama tended to kiss my neck when I was anxious. It usually helped and I don't know where the thought of trying that on a grown man had come from.

I tried to forget what had happened for a moment as I watched my surroundings. My face however couldn't remain neutral at all. Grey was holding my hand.

He was ever warm and as I moved closer to his side, his cologne got to my senses that I felt light headed for a second. There was that constricting knot in my stomach when he moved his thumb over my fingers.

"There?" I tried to appear calm when Grey pointed to a mass of people on the right side of us. He was helping me find my parents since the wings and hallways appeared so similar that I didn't know where I was at the moment.

My eyes looked over and I spotted my mama right away. She was talking to papa, who had to lean down to hear what she was saying. I could tell they were worried so I rushed over towards them, breaking free from Grey.

"Ellie!" Papa saw me first due to his height and I lunged into his arms. He embraced me lovingly, kissing my forehead as he ruffled my hair. Mama sighed beside us and she joined us in the hug. I had missed them dearly.

"Have you been eating?" Mama slowly turned me around as she furrowed at my body. I nodded earnestly, trying to make her believe me. I might have lost a few pounds after coming back to the city.

"I'm sure she has been, dear." Papa easily defended and I smiled all the more. Seeing them had brought so much joy in me and I hoped they would stay longer in town.

"I missed you sweetie," mama cupped my face and kissed my cheeks warmly. Everyone in our family was affectionate. Even when we were in public, my parents didn't hold back.

"I missed you both," papa came to hold my hand and I wrapped my other one around mama. I knew how busy they were as business people but they always visited every month.

My eyes widened when I realized I had left Grey out. I detached myself from my parents and walked to his side. He was still standing at the spot I had left him. He gazed at us in a way I hadn't seen before.

It was tender and so gentle that I thought I'd dissolve under his eyes. He appeared to be in a daze and when I shook his arm, he smiled at me. It wasn't just his barely there smile. This one was wide and deep.

I could see his pearly white teeth and his dimple was now even more prominent. I smiled back as I led him to my parents who stared at us in wonder. I had never seen mama look that surprised.

"Mama, papa, this is Grey." I released his arm as I gauged my parents reactions. Papa stared hard at him and I turned to mama who now had a ghost of a smile on. She was the first one to react.

"You're Ellie's friend?" Mama came forward and took his hands in her own, surprising both of us. She was smiling brightly and I turned to look at Grey.

He nodded at her question and I tried not to laugh at how short mama was standing in front of him. She beamed at him and I noticed that the tips of his ears had started to redden.

He was getting shy.

I tried to get mama's attention so that Grey didn't feel flustered but papa cleared his throat making us turn towards him. He didn't carry the excitement mama had and I felt my smile drop.