▫️Twenty-five

Ginelle's pov

That wasn't how far I had expected things to go and I wasn't complaining; infact, I was over the moon.

We had kissed.

Grey and I.

I doubt there was any greater feeling than this because my body tingled all over. I was experiencing things I had never before, a fire running through my veins everytime we locked eyes.

Grey had joined me in preparing the cookies that Mayella had asked for before. I had urged him to finish his work first but he was adamant on staying which made me blush profusely.

Over his black t-shirt, he had put on a brown apron which was similar to the one I had on and side by side, we mixed the flour together whilst exchanging smiles.

More than once I got distracted by the veins that popped on his arms. His muscles bulged each time he moved the slightest and I was at awe of how strong he was.

We passed the ingredients at each other, coordinating too well as if we had done this on a daily basis. Soon enough we were done, just waiting for the cookies to finish baking.

I turned to Grey who stood beside me, his lower body leaning against the counter with his legs stretched before him. Our eyes met and I laughed softly at the flour that rested on his left cheek.

He gave me an inquisitive look, his left brow slightly raised. I giggled out half of the words, unable to contain my smile at how funny he appeared. "There's flour on your face,"

He slowly turned to stand in front of me then lowered his head so that we were at eye level, not once breaking eye contact. I pursed my lips together, an action that had his gaze dropping.

His gaze fleeted back to my eyes then to my lips as he moved impossibly closer, pinning me at the back of the counter. I slowly lifted my palm to his face, his eyes meeting mine again.

I attempted to wipe the traces of flour on his cheek though with my still dirty hand, I ended up spreading the flour to his nose and down his chin, eliciting a laugh from me.

"Sorry, it's now all over." My eyes closed just the slightest but blinked open when I felt large and rough hands cup my face. There was a cheeky look on Grey's face as a smile played over his lips.

"Adorable," he murmured as he squished my cheeks, no doubt spreading flour all over me. He lowered his forehead to my face and I ducked lower, not wanting more flour on me.

With a playful glint, he again lowered his forehead and I stopped resisting when my head reached the top of the counter. Grey smiled in triumph as he nuzzled into my face.

I giggled at the tingling sensation when his sideburns grazed over my soft skin. He pulled away in a smile to look at me then planted a kiss over my nose.

He dropped his hands from my face to both sides of my head, his eyes a lighter grey shade as he caged me whilst standing over me, his chest almost pressed on me.

"My sweetheart," he stared at me for the longest time and I could see a far away look in his eyes. I softly held his right cheek and then shyly pecked his lips.

By his index finger, he got hold of my chin before I looked away then his mouth claimed mine. One of his arm went round my back to incline me up towards him while the other framed the side of my face.