Extra : proposal

Grey's pov

Adorable

I continued to stare at my girl, her expressions so entertaining as she moved on to the next setup, her fingers warmly entwined with mine.

I smiled when she smiled and laughed whenever she did, her whole form so lively that I found myself subconsciously mimicking her.

I watched her lips curve up for the twentieth time as she leaned into the glass and giggled excitedly at the small creatures swimming by.

I was glad that she was excited and happy but I definitely had this unnecessary green feeling at the attention she gave her surroundings.

She was so fully immersed into what was before her and didn't bother much about me. Instead of letting this get to me, I took out my phone and snapped photos of her.

I found myself internally chuckling in the process, some of the faces she made being so funny that I couldn't hold back.

We were almost done touring the whole place when I received a notification from Reece. And that's when the nervousness kicked in.

Don't chicken out man, I'm rooting for you ~ Reece

I clicked on the link he'd send to see that everything I'd asked him to prepare for me was well done, I just needed to do my part.

I needed to get myself together and shun all this anxiety that was starting to build up inside me.

Looking at her excited face relieved the tension on my shoulders just for a moment. There was no need to be anxious.

Her fingers ran through my hair in a comforting manner as if she could tell I was unsettled.

I needed to ask her today.

I had prepared enough times over the past week.

Today had to be that day I said it to her face to face.

This confidence I suddenly had pulled up my resolve to take her to our next destination where I could eventually pop the question.

However the moment I got into the car, I felt like a shaking mess. My hands trembled at their accord, my thoughts so scattered as I thought things all over again.

Would she really want to get that far with me?

Was I enough?

Should I just drop this for now?

I concentrated on the road before us; the further I drove, the closer we got to our destination and the more anxious I became.

My hand slipped into the right pocket of my pants and feeling the familiar small box, I tensed even more.

Calm down

I tried to reassure myself but it was of no use. My knee bounced up and down, my hands gripping the wheel more firmly.

I felt her soft warm hands pat over my knee and at her touch, it stopped shaking. She passed me a small smile that felt like a breath of fresh air.

My hand rested on hers and I let the many thoughts I had fleet away for a moment as I sank into her calming presence.

We eventually got to our stop and I watched how broad her smile grew when she looked at everything around us.

She skipped further into the field, the bright petals around her so incomparable to the blush on her face.