History Makes Us Who We Are

Y/N was sitting on the couch, watching the news, as the news reporter spoke about the weather.
Y/N glanced over the back of the couch, as her Dad entered the house.

"Daddy!" Brook ran into the living room, with Bobby Jr right behind her.

"Brookie!" Bobby hugged the small girl.

"You smell minty." Brook watched Bobby as he first pumped Robert.

"Did I miss dinner?" Bobby looked at Marcy as she walked into the room.

"Oh, and bath time and homework, but you're just in time for teeth brushing and bed." Marcy kissed Bobby on the cheek.

"What's wrong with you?" Bobby looked over at Y/N who was watching them with a slightly annoyed expression.

"I grounded her." Marcy turned to Y/N who just stared at Marcy.

"Why?" Bobby looked back at Marcy.

"We had a fight and Marcy, is blaming me for everything bad that happens." Y/N looked at Bobby.

"Okay. One, that is not what happened. Two, I am your Mother." Marcy watched Y/N with a warning look.

"Go to hell." Y/N glared.

"I'm going to go get the kids ready for bed. Please, both of you, try to talk civilly." Bobby looked between them before taking the kids to get ready for bed.

"Are you going to apologise?" Marcy watched Y/N expectantly and Y/N went back to watching the news.

Marcy snatched the remote and turned the TV off, taking the batteries out of the remote and putting the batteries in a locked draw.

"Are you serious?" Y/N glared at Marcy.

"Until you're apologise, you're grounded, which means no TV." Marcy walked into the kitchen as Y/N rolled her eyes.

Bobby came down the hallway, facing Marcy.

"I'm going for my walk." Bobby watched Marcy do the dishes.

"Oh, it..it's freezing out." Marcy turned to him in protest.

"Yeah, just, if I don't go for my walk before bed, my back tightens up." Bobby glanced around the room.

"You know, maybe we should see another doctor. I mean, why should you still hurt, five years after you injured it?" Marcy put down a plate.

"All the doctors say the same thing, that I'm lucky to be walking. A broken back never really fully heals, so. All right. I'll.." Bobby headed for the door.

"Wait. Don't..don't go." Marcy took a step after him glancing at Y/N who was staring at the blank screen, watching them through the screen.

"Babe, I'm..I'm gonna be right back, all right?" Bobby walked out of the house.

Y/N scoffed at Marcy, without turning to look at her.

"You know, I am this close to sending you to a boarding school. Maybe that'll teach you some manners." Marcy turned to Y/N swiftly.

"I'm amazed, you'd spend that much money on, poor old me?" Y/N glanced back at Marcy.

"You know what? Go to your room." Marcy glared at Y/N.

"Away from you? My pleasure." Y/N got up and walked to her room, as Marcy sighed.

A few hours later, Y/N found herself waking up, from the sound of the door opening and closing.

"Hey." Bobby's voice reached her ears.

"When we got married, I accepted the idea that when you went to work, you might not come home." Marcy seemed distressed.