S6: E14 Performance Anxiety

Eddie knocked on Pepa's door, with his toolbox in hand.

"Hey, Tia. How bad is it? Did you turn off the water?" Eddie hugged Pepa.

"Uh, no. It's fine." Pepa shook her head.

"It's fine? How could it be fine?" Eddie looked at Pepa with a confused expression.

"It fixed itself." Pepa shrugged at him innocently.

"Pipes don't fix themselves.." Eddie frowned seeing a woman sitting at the table.

"Neither do nieces in law's." Pepa smiled at Eddie.

"Uh..?" Eddie gave Pepa a look.

"Excuse us for a minute. What?" Pepa followed Eddie out of the room.

"What did you do Tia?" Eddie looked at her in alarm.

"What had to be done." Pepa crossed her arms over her chest.

"You invited a therapist over to talk about Fis problems?" Eddie frowned.

"What were you doing right before I called?" Pepa gave him a look.

"What do you mean, what was I doing? I was at home with Fi, on the couch." Eddie shrugged confused.

"Yes. You were taking care of her. Eddie, I know you love her, but there are things she's not going to want to tell you." Pepa reassured Eddie.

"She has reasons for not seeing a therapist." Eddie shook his head.

"I know, I know. But that was one therapist." Pepa insisted upon him.

"I'm not making Fi talk to a therapist." Eddie glanced at the woman who was waiting patiently.

"Eddie. It breaks my heart to see her suffering." Pepa watched him.

"Yes, it breaks my heart too, but she's doing better." Eddie reassured Pepa.

* At The Firehouse *

"Fi's got a bad history with them." Eddie shook his head.

"That she does. Besides she's starting to open up to you, right?" Buck looked at Eddie.

"Yes, and the things she can't tell me, she tells you." Eddie gave a nod.

"She talks to Hen and Maddie more than you two." Chimney looked at them.

"I don't care. As long as she's talking about it." Eddie glanced at Chimney.

"I still can't believe I'm gonna be a Father." Buck changed the topic seeing Y/N come up the stairs.

"What's the cake for?" Y/N frowned at Bobby.

"Nothing. Nothing at all. Oh, before I forget. Everyone. This week, I'll be seeing you all individually for your annual review. And remember it's not LAFD policy, but it is my policy. The annual review is not just an opportunity for me to offer you some constructive criticism, it's an opportunity for you to do the same for me. So please, tell me how I'm doing and dig in. Chim, you're up first, see you at 2pm." Bobby clapped Chimney on the back as he left.

"Ready, when you are Cap." Chimney smiled as he grabbed some cake.

"Hey, baby, I'm going out tonight." Y/N sat down on Eddie's lap.

"Where you going?" Eddie frowned at her confused.

"Out with Athena. Mother daughter bonding. She insisted." Y/N smiled at the thought.

"Well, then, have fun." Eddie kissed her on the cheek.

"You guys are so cute." Hen shook her head amused.