S2: E8 Buck, Actually

"I won't come down until he sees me!" Lola looked down at Athena.

"Ma'am, you're the most famous face in the city, right now. There ain't exactly a way to miss you." Athena watched Lola as Buck and Y/N got ready to go down to the billboard.

"I don't care." Lola paced slightly.

"Okay, move Buck and Fi into position. Okay, Chim." Bobby spoke through his radio.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no! What are you doing?! I.. I told you! I told you!" Lola looked down at Athena angrily.

"It's just there for your safety, Lola." Athena spoke through the megaphone.

"I..I told you! I told.." Lola grabbed out a gun as Buck and Y/N got onto the billboard, Buck infront of Y/N.

Lola shot at the air mattress causing it to deflate and the people to panic.

"Hold your fire, hold your fire! Stand down! Do not shoot!" Athena looked at her fellow officers.

Lola turned the gun on Buck, having only just realised the two of them were there. Y/N moved infront of Buck alarmed as Athena and Bobby became alert.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey." Buck and Y/N both raised their hands.

"Lola, listen to me very carefully. You now have every firearm in the Greater Los Angeles area pointed at you. If you continue to threaten that man and woman, they will fire. Do you understand? Do you?" Athena advised through the megaphone.

"I don't want to hurt anybody. I just can't handle being ignored anymore." Lola lowered the gun from Y/N and Buck.

"I know exactly what you mean." Buck watched Lola sympathetically.

"Oh, come on. Yes, I'm..I'm sure you get ignored all the time." Lola looked at Buck in disbelief as he tried to go infront of Y/N but she wouldn't budge.

"You have a Norman. I had an Abby. You think that you have something...something special, you know? She's the one. So you wait. And then at some point, it hits you: you're alone. Sh.. She's not coming back. You're just there to collect the mail, and..and it is piling up, right? And then..and then you realise..You know what? It's over. You just need to face it and move on. I'm sure you've got a best friend, right? Because I've come to realise that Phoenix means more to me than any girlfriend ever can." Buck glanced at Y/N as Lola sighed leaning against the billboard.

"Uh, L..Lola. Lola, honey, it's me. I'm here. And I see you, just like the sign says." Norman spoke through the megaphone making the three look down.

"Liar! You look right through me. Y..You don't even notice me. I..I'm just around to...collect the mail." Lola looked down as Y/N glanced at Buck shaking her head slightly.

"Lola, honey. Honey, now, listen to me. I..I'm here, and I see you. And I need you to put down the gun, okay? Put the..Put down the gun and let them bring you to me. And then we can spend the rest of our life together, and I can show you how much I love you." Norman tried again after saying something to Bobby and Athena.

"I don't believe you, Norman. You don't even know who I am anymore. I mean..I don't even know." Lola threw her hands up in exasperation.

"Lola, hey. I need you to do me a favour. Tell him, what's on your mind." Y/N looked at Lola as Norman talked to Bobby and Athena confused.

"I've been a mother for 18 years. And now that Zack's gone, I don't remember who I was before that. Back when you used to look at me." Lola glanced at Y/N then back down at Norman.

"Maybe you were right. Maybe it is over." Lola walked toward the edge but both Buck and Y/N stopped her.

"Um, okay, m..maybe I wasn't being super clear on the point I was trying to make.." Buck looked at Y/N for help.