S3: E16 The One That Got Away

"The building next door is not on fire." Buck looked up at the buildings.

"Get to her from the roof?" Bobby turned to Buck as Y/N walked over.

"Repelling kit's got 150 feet of rope. That'll get me down to the street with her." Buck gave Bobby a nod.

"You want to do a rope rescue? Of course, you do." Eddie looked at Buck unsurprised.

"Well, he's not doing it alone. He's gonna need you and Fi on the pulley. Go, go, go." Bobby looked at the three.

"Fi!" Buck chucked her the kit as they ran toward the building.

Y/N caught the kit as she ran up the stairs infront of Buck and Eddie.

"Come on." Y/N looked at them as they got to the roof, she was already on the roof of the building that was on fire.

"Okay!" Buck ran and jumped over with Eddie close behind.

"He's your best friend." Eddie looked at Y/N as they heard the window smash from below.

"Where do you think he got the idea from?" Y/N looked at Eddie.

"So, why didn't you go down?" Eddie watched her confused.

"Smashing things is more of a Buck thing. And I wanted to make sure you didn't cut the rope." Y/N gave a joking smile.

"I said I'm sorry. How many times do you want me to say it?" Eddie looked at her.

"I don't know. You almost died, Edmundo." Y/N watched him.

"Are you forgetting your heart stopped after the bombing?" Eddie looked at her.

"There's a difference. I didn't know that was going to happen, I didn't choose it. You volunteered to go down and you cut the rope. Nobody else did it for you." Y/N looked over the edge of the roof.

"You would have done the same thing. We both know that. It's our job!" Eddie watched her in disbelief and Y/N didn't say anything else.

"Eddie, Fi, I got her. Coming back out." Buck spoke into the radio.

"Copy that. Fires getting a little close up here. We need to double time it." Eddie got to his feet.

"Cap, the roof is gone." Eddie frowned as the roof gave way.

"Then Bucks gonna have to lower himself the rest of the way. You secure that rope, and you get out of there." Bobby looked up at them from the ground.

Y/N and Eddie the secured the line before making their way back down via the other building.

"Fi!" Eddie followed her out of the building as she walked ahead of him without a word.

* Back At The Firehouse *

"And that was something, huh? A fire that big and no fatalities. We have to celebrate. We should hit up that bar on Pico, you know, the one with the loaded fries. First rounds on me." Buck grinned at them.

"Wish I could, man. Christopher's hosting his first sleepover tonight. Hey, you're more welcome to come and celebrate with a bunch of nine year Olds." Eddie smiled at Buck.

"And get between whatever is happening with you and Fi? The rest of us will toast your absence." Buck chuckled at Eddie.

"You're gonna have to toast mine, too. Today's date night with Karen." Hen got to her feet.

"She can come." Buck shrugged at Hen.

"I don't think that's her idea of a date, but have fun." Hen turned to Buck.