S3: E4 Triggers

* A Week After The Tsunami *

"My God, that's the biggest damn fire I've never seen." Chimney stood beside Bobby as Y/N moved past them.

"I hate fire drills." Hen looked up at Y/N as they opened the hydrant.

"City mandates we do em every three years. Can't fight city hall." Eddie looked between Hen and Y/N.

"First alarm was triggered at 12:20. Call came in 30 seconds later. Boots down, hoses out, 12:43." Bobby looked at the paperwork.

"That's what?" Eddie looked at Bobby.

"4 minutes over our alloted response time." Bobby turned to them.

"Ouch, that's gonna cost us some points." Chimney frowned as he picked up the hose.

"Someone's gonna have to explain that to the new fire marshal." Hen glanced at Chimney before they all looked at Bobby.

"I think this will actually be fun." Y/N looked at Chimney, Hen and Eddie as Bobby walked over to Buck who was the new fire marshal.

"You realise Bucks the fire marshal?" Hen turned to her confused.

"Yeah, I'm the one that suggested it. He gets a clipboard, he loves clipboards." Y/N smiled at Hen.

"Are you crazy?" Chimney looked at her in disbelief.

"Hey." Eddie watched Chimney with a warning look.

"Hey, you. She might be your girlfriend, but she's my little sister." Chimney looked at Eddie in retort.

"Why would you give Buck a clipboard though?" Eddie chuckled at Chimney before turning to Y/N.

"He's been through a lot. This will help him remember the good things about his life." Y/N shrugged.

"You went through a lot to and you haven't stopped worrying about Buck for a second to process it." Hen watched Y/N.

"I don't even remember what happened before the bomb, and I don't remember the during. All I remember is the hospital and my family being there." Y/N dismissed the topic as they headed inside.

"This is a fake fire. Why can't we use a fake hose? Hey, Buck, how we doing?" Chimney looked at Buck as they walked past him.

"You don't want to know." Buck watched Chimney before giving Y/N an amused smirk making her chuckle.

They made it to the bottom of the stairwell, as everyone started falling like dominos.

"Well, what's a day as a firefighter without some complications?" Y/N moved forward as did Hen, Chimney and Eddie.

"These things are unpredictable. Epileptic seizures could be triggered by strobing lights, even sounds." Hen reassured Alan as they got ready to take him to the ambulance.

"I'm just so embarrassed." Alan watched Hen as he was wheeled toward the ambulance.

"No need to be. The event seems over. Just to be safe, we're gonna get you to the hospital, okay?" Hen followed them.

"Hey there! Chase Mackey, tenth floor, Mackey, Gaskin, and Whitmore. I want you to know I saw everything and I have reason to believe this building is not in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. There are several legal options you might wish to consider." Chase walked to the ambulance.

"Sir? You might wanna wait until they're in the ambulance before you start chasing it." Hen watched Chase in disbelief.

* Eddie's Place *

"Hey, what's on your mind?" Y/N sat down on the couch next to Eddie.

"Christopher's nightmares about the tsunami." Eddie glanced at her.