S2: E16 Bobby Begins Again

SHORT CHAPTER

*

Years Ago - Minnesota - The Night Of The Fire*

Y/N stared at the burning building as Bobby tried to get them to let him go back inside.
She moved her gaze slightly as a woman was wheeled past with paramedics.

"Marcy? Marcy!" Y/N followed after the paramedics and Marcy.

"Marcy! No! Marcy! Marcy! Phil!" Bobby ran over.

"Bobby, Bobby, she's breathing. She's alive, now go with her." Phil stopped Bobby.

"Where's Rob and Brookie?" Y/N looked at Bobby, feeling sick to her stomach.

"No, no, Phil, Phil, no, no, my kids, they would have been, they would have been with her. My kids.." Bobby looked at Phil as Y/N watched her face covered in dirt and ash.

"Bobby, Bobby, she's alive. You got to focus on.." Phil looked at Bobby as everything became muffled to Y/N.

"She's alive? What does that mean? Brookie and Robert.."

"Go, get in. Hold on to Y/N. Focus on Marcy and Y/N, Bob." Phil nudged them both into the back of the ambulance.

* At The Hospital *

Y/N was asleep on Bobby's lap, as the priest stood inside with Marcy and Bobby watched with pain and guilt.

"Uh, Bobby. Bobby." The priest looked over making Y/N wake up.

"Marcy? I'm right here, Marcy. It's okay. It's okay." Bobby looked at Marcy through the plastic.

"The kids..where are they?" Marcy turned her head to them.

"The kids are fine. They're safe." Bobby lied through his teeth.

"I knew you'd come and save us." Marcy closed her eyes and the machines started beeping.

"Marcy! Marcy! No, no, no, no. Please, please." Bobby watched as doctors ran into the room.

"Mum?!" Y/N tried desperately to get a response from outside but the doctors blocked her sight.

Y/N looked at Bobby as he collapsed to his knees. She had to be strong for him. She couldn't worry about the things she couldn't control.
God kept her alive to take care of her Father. So, she would. He had a reason for everything.

* Couple Years Later *

"Hey, Dad!" Y/N came up the stairs of the fire house in search of Bobby.

"Hey! Nash Jr!" Chimney grinned at her.

"Hi, Chimney. Uh, who's this?" Y/N glanced at the unfamiliar guy sitting next to Bobby as he got to his feet quickly.

"I'm Buck." Buck held out his hand.

"Phoenix or Fi." Y/N smiled shaking his head.

"Buck is our new recruit. Fi's my daughter, currently in training." Bobby smiled at the two.

"Welcome to the 118. Do you want some ice cream?" Y/N walked over to the freezer.

"She's obsessed with ice cream." Hen looked at Buck.

"Uh, sure. Why not?" Buck walked over to Y/N.

* Present Time *

"Hey, Cap, Fi. Why are you sitting up here in your civvies? And how come I'm not smelling my breakfast? Heh." Chimney walked past them as Y/N stared at the table troubled.

"Maybe you should all sit down." Bobby smiled slightly.

"Oh. This doesn't feel good." Hen frowned as they gathered around the table and Bobby got to his feet.

"All right. I know the shifts about to start, but I wanted to be here to tell you this in person. As of this morning, pending further investigation, I am officially suspended from my duties here at the 118." Bobby looked around at them.

"What? Why? That's..That's insane. Suspended for what?" Buck glanced around.

"For not disclosing what happened in Minnesota before I took the job." Bobby glanced at Y/N.

"Minnesota? That's old news." Buck frowned as Y/N got to her feet and walked off.

"Fi!" Buck watched after her as Bobby sighed pained.

"Why are you doing this to me?! I've done everything you've asked of me! Even after you took my Mum, and little brother and sister away from me! Now you're taking my Dad away too?! What's next?! Chimney? Or Hen? Maybe even Buck?! What do you want from me?!" Y/N stood on the roof shouting at the sky, as tears fell down her face.