S3: E13 Pinned

38 Weeks Pregnant

SHORT CHAPTER
I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS ONE, IT DOESN'T RELATE TO THE ACTUAL EPISODE MUCH AS Y/N SPENDS THE DAY WITH KAREN AND ATHENA SHOPPING FOR THE TWINS

"Hey. Are you in charge here?" Bobby looked at a guy standing there.

"I guess." He shrugged at them.

"Thank God you're here! She's this way. Okay, her name's Arlene Branson. She's the owner. She was working on lane five when the pin setter came down on her. I wasn't sure what to do, so I shut off the power to stop it from cycling again but I didn't think I should move it until you guys got here." He led them down toward the back.

"Okay." Bobby gave the kid a nod.

"Arlene?" Hen looked down at the woman.

"Garrett?" Arlene cried out in pain.

"It's okay, Arlene. I'm here. These people are gonna help you okay?" Garrett watched them.

"All right, I got a compound fracture, more outside than in. Pulse is very weak." Chimney checked her injuries.

"She's lost a lot of blood. Let's get the fluids going." Hen looked at Chimney.

"All right, do you know how to move this thing? How to release it?" Bobby looked at Garrett.

"I mean, not really. I've only watched Arlene do it." Garrett turned to Bobby.

"Manual." Arlene's eyes were closed in pain.

"Right, manual release. Which is here somewhere." Garrett looked around.

"We could take it apart piece by piece." Buck looked at Eddie.

"Not sure what that's gonna do for her arm." Eddie frowned.

"Here. Put this in the back, then turn it." Garrett handed Bobby a tool.

"Blood pressures dropping." Hen glanced at Chimney.

"Pushing fluids through." Chimney gave a nod.

"I'll get the tourniquet, tie the arm and get her out." Eddie crouched next to them.

"I don't know if that's gonna work. Right now, this cross brave is the only thing that's holding her arm in place. The minute you move it, she's gonna bleed more." Hen looked at Eddie.

"And given how broken her bones are, it'll be like tying off a wet back of rocks." Chimney looked at them.

"What if we embrace the cross brace? We cut her from the pin setter here, then we weld these points here, here, and here, and you've got a.." Buck looked at Bobby.

"Damn good splint. All right, we're gonna need a stick welder." Bobby nodded along.

"Crazy but genius, just like Fi's ideas." Chimney approved.

* At Hen's/Karen's *

"I'm like the size of a pumpkin." Y/N looked at the baby bump making Karen chuckle.

"Well, you have two entire beings growing inside of you." Karen smiled at her.

"Yeah, I know. I've still got 2 weeks before I need to worry about going into labour. It doesn't sound like fun but getting back to work does." Y/N gave a small smile.

"You say that now. Wait until they're here, you won't want to leave them." Karen reassured Y/N.

"Hey, Buck." Y/N answered the video call.

"Hi, Fi! Karen." Buck smiled at the two.

"Did you just get back from a call?" Karen looked at him.

"Yeah. At a bowling alley. I had the greatest idea." Buck beamed happily.