S4: E1 The New Abnormal

Twins are 1 year old / 14 months

"Edmundo!" Y/N called him from the bedroom as she sat on the couch with Christopher.

"What? What's wrong?" Eddie came running into the room.

"Dad! Look!" Christopher grinned at Eddie as he watched Eva.

"Oh, my.. She's walking. Fi, she's walking." Eddie smiled at Y/N as he watched Eva walk to Christopher with a slight struggle.

"She's my favourite sister." Christopher smiled at Eddie and Y/N as he picked Eva up onto his lap.

"She's your only sister. Henry's still learning." Y/N picked Henry up as she walked over to Eddie chuckling at Christopher.

"And that's okay. It can take a while for them to start walking." Eddie kissed Henry on the head gently.

"I know that." Y/N smiled at Eddie as he kissed her on the top of her head.

"When's the wedding?" Christopher looked at them as Eva bubbled.

"Dada." Henry reached for Eddie and Y/N passed him to Eddie.

"We haven't decided yet." Y/N looked at Christopher with a smile.

"Hello, my favourite family. You two are late for work." Carla smiled as she walked into the house.

"Oh! Uh, Eva started walking, but I think Chris can catch her." Y/N looked at Carla alarmed as Eddie put his jacket on.

"Don't worry, I got it." Christopher smiled at Y/N.

"We got it." Carla reassured Eddie and Y/N.

* At The Firehouse *

"Chimney!" Y/N and Eddie walked into the firehouse as Chimney and Buck also walked in.

"You didn't." Chimney looked at Buck in disbelief.

"I did." Buck winced at Chimney's tone.

"See you in a minute." Y/N kissed Eddie on the cheek before Eddie and Buck headed upstairs.

"So, what exactly did Buck tell you?" Chimney looked at Y/N.

"That you still haven't gone home or even seen Maddie in person. You know, I get wanting to be cautious that's why I made Eddie wait an extra week than what he thought necessary. But being back with the rest of my family, was the best thing. We still take precautions, and at the same time we get to be together like a family should." Y/N looked at Chimney.

"That's different. Your kids aren't still in the womb." Chimney gave her a look.

"This isn't about the pandemic. How didn't I realise it before?" Y/N sighed in realisation.

"Of course it's not about the pandemic. I'm a paramedic, I know all the precautions. How am I supposed to be a good husband and father when my so called Dad wasn't even decent at either title." Chimney sat down on the bench in defeat.

"My Mum wasn't the best parent to me, but I still had my Dad and his mates from the firehouse. They made up for it. Maddie and Bucks parents aren't decent parents either, but just like when I was pregnant with the twins, Maddie can't run and hide like you. Wherever she goes, your child is with her. I don't think you're the only one scared about letting your kid down. I was scared too, I still am. But Eddie knows what he's doing. And for you and Maddie, it's not your first time doing this kind of thing. Maddie practically raised Buck, and you have had to deal with both Buck and I for years. So, I don't think anyone could have more experience dealing with complicated and full on kids. Raising a kid, and taking care of them is easier when you're not doing it alone. Which neither of you are, cause not only do you have each other, you've also got all of us. Hen has her own kids, Eddie and I have ours, Bobby and Athena have had kids, and Buck and I are still kids so, just know that you're not and never will be alone." Y/N looked at Chimney as she thought about what she was saying.