S3: E3 The Searchers

ANOTHER SHORT-ISH CHAPTER. ENJOY.

"Buck! Christopher!" Y/N shouted disoriented as she walked through water, clinging on to the bear, the last thing she had of Christopher or Buck.

"Someone! Help please!" A woman shouted waving her hands anxiously.

"What's wrong?" Y/N ran over to help.

"My friend. A pole went through her leg." The woman led Y/N over to another woman who had a piece of piping sticking through her leg.

"Okay, okay. Give me your jacket. Trust me, I'm a firefighter, I know what I'm doing." Y/N looked at the uninjured woman who was hesitant.

"Thank you. What's your name?" Y/N applied pressure around the piece of piping.

"Cora..can't you just..pull it out..?" Cora looked at Y/N in pain.

"No. That'll only make you bleed out more. Especially when we don't have access to a hospital or medical supplies." Y/N shook her head.

* At The Ferris Wheel *

"When the wave hit, How'd you get back here?" Eddie looked at Lena.

"Swam." She looked at him as if it were obvious.

"You sure did, then you climbed." Eddie gave a nod.

"Free climb on the weekends, soldier." Lena got to her feet once it stopped moving.

"How'd you know I was in the service?" Eddie followed her lead.

"You all carry yourselves the same way. All that spit and polish. My captain served, army." Lena glanced at him.

"Must be a good man. Hold on. We're coming to you." Eddie started moving to the next person.

"Oh, thank god you're here!" Stacy greeted them relieved.

"What happened here, ma'am?" Eddie looked at her husband.

"He hit his neck when the wave came, and he can't feel his fingers." Stacy looked at them panicked.

"My arms went numb. A couple minutes later, my legs gave out. Am I paralyzed?" The husband looked at Eddie.

"It's too soon to tell. You said you lost sensation in your arms first and then your legs?" Eddie watched the husband.

"Yeah." The husband and wife watched him.

"Okay. Well, that might be a sign of swelling, which means you bruised your neck instead of breaking it." Eddie reassured when the Ferris wheel started creaking and moving again.

"Hey, Cap, we can get one down to you, but the other ones a possible spinal. We're gonna need a hail Mary." Eddie looked down at Bobby.

"I'll order one up for you." Bobby looked up at Eddie.

"You should be fine. Help is on the way." Eddie looked back at the two.

"You see, Max? How's that for a sign? There's hope, so fight." Stacy pointed at the helicopter as Eddie watched her hold his hand.

Eddie was currently thinking about Y/N, she hadn't messaged to check on them, but he figured it was because she knew they'd be busy.

"Max, you moved your fingers." Stacy smiled.

"I think I'm getting some feeling back." Max smiled back at her.

Eddie and Lena got Max hooked up onto the helicopter and they flew to get him to safety.

"Incoming debris!" Bobby looked at the surroundings as things started to change.

"Free climb? How about free fall?" Eddie looked at Lena and the two jumped getting into the boat with Bobby's help as the Ferris wheel fell down.