Chapter 11

Neliana

As I see Nic so fearful and thoughtful, my heart broke. Normally Nic can control his feelings and panic attacks. Thousand times better than I. I don't know how but he managed to treat the flashback and the following attacks. Only in heavy situations like Hell-Day - our birthday - or the O's birthday. 

The O's are my twins Ocean and Oceana. I was raped after the caught by our revenge and they were the 'product' of it. But I loved them. They were my children even when I was only 12. 

Nic helps me while my pregnancy and the chariness for them. But they died because of an incurable and rarely illness. I wasn't bale to help them. I saw them dying in front of my eyes ... that's also the reason why I studied medicine. I wanted to prevent such other fates because I wasn't able to do it with my own damn kids. 

And helpless is one of the worst feelings. One year ago we fabricated already a medicine, the first one existed, to alleviate the pain but it doesn't prevent the death. So at the moment we explore a medium which should heal and erase the illness.

We will see how it goes on, but at the moment it's not working yet. 

The thing with the investigation is also one of the biggest problems by living here. Indeed we already built a new laboratory for our science research, but research needs a lot of time and you don't know when you have to go to make the next step for the success. If we're lucky, it'll be in the night. But the worst situation would be by dinner or family activities . 

If I'm honestly, I don't have a plan what I will say when I have to leave all of sudden ... don't get me wrong, I don't care what they say or whether they'll forbid leaving me because I will do it otherwise - I think you know me already enough. But there is no need for them to know anything about us and only our IQ would bring even more questions so I won't crayon in what they would ask if they know about the investigation.

Anyways.

So I know the situation must be serious if he cannot control his attacks. I didn't hesitate a second and pull him with me in the next bathroom. He broke down instantly. It seemed like all the feelings from the last days come out. It's hard to see him this way but I know the only thing I can do, is waiting.

He didn't calm down and hyperventilated. Oh no. Not good. Really not good.

I shook him. Screamed at him. I even hit him. But nothing helped so there was only one possibility: Screaming his name. Full name. He hates it so it's the best for waking up.

After he was back, we just sat there and discuss the situation. Like we always do if it's too much or too overwhelming.

Ok yes even if I don't want to admit it, he is, of cause, right with his suggestion. Me speaking would cause a lot of trouble. Oops. It's not my fault that everybody and everything is too boring ... and a bit fun in this fucked up hell does not harm.

But I'll do how he said ... only for him.

I take a deep breath and open the door. Oh. There is standing Valentino. He looks like a lonely tree on a big mays field ... hahaha. I completely forgot about him. He has nerves for really waiting there. I wouldn't. 

Bad for him, I didn't waste 15 minutes in my life. He doesn't notice us ... so I get a brilliant idea. I smirk to Nic next to me. He looks back and, of course give me a 'that's not you're fucking serious. Do you remember what we decided two minutes ago?' look with his eyebrows raised. Pf. Spoilsport. I wave him off and walk to Valentino's right. Let see if he is jumpy. We, of course, don't want to exaggerate so the fright as stand by the 'wrong' side next to him and suddenly start speaking, will be enough at first.