Chapter 13

Damon

My little siblings are back. And I already fucked them up. Or I must better say, I think that I fucked them up, because their complete body and actions are unreadable. I've never saw such good poker faces. And that should be MY little brother and principessa? That's not possible ... I mean, they were always the funny and happy kids and now they're ... cold. Cold is also an understatement of the century. They are badass and clever. Fucked mix.

I don't want to be such an idiot to them but as I saw them, my wounds ripped open. The hurt, the guilt, the sadness, and the anger. All came together and it was too much. Their presence, their body, their faces, and their eyes were the worst.

I must protect everybody from myself. My anger which I cannot control. My heart which is broken since their kidnapping. And my whole body which is almost dead because of the many late night fightings in clubs.

How I survive the last years?

I don't know. Maybe because of the hope from their return. Or because of the distractions by the fights. Or because of my twin brother, Damian, who is always there for me. Even when I'm the complete asshole. Likely it was a mix of all of them.

I should be happy. The Nes are back. But I'm scared. Scared of loosing them again and going trough this permanent circle again. I think that I won't make it another time. But in my inside, I'm scared of the reality. 

Maybe I'm not the cleverest - I had to repeat the last year in High-school, so no I'm not - but I'm not dump too and know that their behavior must have a cause. This coldness and emotionless is not normal, above all for only 14 years old ones. They should be happy and jumping around. Being normal sassy teenagers. Probably to the outside they're exactly like this, but something is strange. They're emotionless and their silent is still the most harmless. Worse is their aura. It radiates so much, yeah power and standing. Like two wise adults with a lot of experience ... but they're only 14.

The worst was then the back talking to me. It was very unexpected. I was surprised and to be honest scared. How they moved slowly but not too slowly in my direction and surrounded me ... it was on the top of intimidated actions. Normally I should be furious about that and get 'revenge' but ... the only thing I feel is proudness. I'm proud about how they mastered the situation and stood up for themselves even when I was in the situation very perplexed and didn't notice it. Nobody dares to speak back to me or raise the voice - no, that's wrong. They didn't raise the voice. They very calm. Dangerous calm. Also, the surrounding very silent. And that's another actually impossible thing here ...

Of course I love that they're back but I must keep them on distance. I cannot endanger them. It would break me if they're in danger because of me.

Suddenly I hear laugher ... my brothers laugh very rarely and definitely not today when everything is tense. Once because of the arrive of the Nes and second because of the little 'incident' 3 hours ago. Argh it was soooo annoying. But on the other hand, it was amusing to watch how everything and everyone goes down. 

So, it cannot be from my brothers ... I listen more precise ... wait are this the Nes?

I jump formally out of my bed and run to their door and ... yes! It's them!

They - in particular Nelia - laugh. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. I cannot understand them because they speak another language, I guess.

I lean against their wall while listen further to them. A real smile forms on my face. It's the first real one since their kidnapping which was 11 years ago ... I missed so much time. Time in which I wanted to learn them cool things and show them the world. As their big brother. But I wasn't there, and this lost time I'll never get back.