Chapter 54

Neliono

"Why do we have to take so many stairs stairs?" Li whines as we walk up the stairs, leading to the cars, behind the rest of our family. It's meanwhile already 7 p.m., somehow the time flew by without our notices and suddenly it was evening. The last hours were really enjoyable. Li and I alone, just minding our business without somebody interrupting us- okay that's not fully true since here and there some people have recognized us and we've taken a few pictures, given some autographs, ect.

It's always so nice to see how you can make people so happy with just a bit attention. That's the reason why we do YouTube, Shows, Concerts, Interviews. To make people forget life for a few minutes.

"Because we need to get to the cars." I state from behind Li. "And if you walk a mountain down, you also have to walk it up."

"That's bullshit." Li still drags herself the stairs upstairs, looking like someone with a few shots already in.

"That's physics. Maybe you shouldn't have skipped each class."

"After my experience, the only thing you learn in eight grade is how you can calculate the potential energy out of gravitational acceleration, the weight of a persons and the difference of two heights. That has nothing to do with some mountain - torture - walking like we have to do now.-" Li stops suddenly and crosses her arms in front of her chest. Cute.

"Don't stop." I say while pushing her gently forwards.

"Argh. I hate stairs."

"Oh same." I break in because, hell, who the fuck invented them?! I feel like you can train as long as you want, stairs will stay the boss. The final opponent.

"Didn't you just scolded me for whining?!"

"I changed my mind." I state unbothered.

Only a quarter left.

"Now would be the perfect time for taking me on your shoulders, don't you thin-"

"ABSOLUTELY NOT!"

"But I'm tired. My legs feel like they swam away each moment." I can see her pouting face from behind. Don't break in now, Neliono. Stay strong.

"Mine too."

"But-"

Argh, such a cuteness should be forbidden. I'm in three big steps by her, grab her by her waist and sit her on my shoulders with no effort. It's not like she weighs anything. That are always the moments when I realize that she's very, very thin. Unhealthy thin.

Li sinks in on my shoulder immediately, puts her hands on my head and lays her head on them. It's something which she already did in the past and now still does when exhaustion kicks in - which is very rare since she's, thanks to her ADHD, always active. But even she is sometimes exhausted. Mentally, at the moment, anyway. Today especially physically. Running a marathon, going surfing for hours and doing cheerleading also for hours isn't so easy. And with her low weight, I have to be careful.

I notice gazes staring at us. As I look up, I meet the eyes from Riccardo, Alonzo and Angolo. The only one left, all the others have already gone throughout the day in little groups, having business to take care of. Nevertheless, they didn't call me and Li back early. Instead the three of them watched us the last hour. Of course, we flew then in the water so nobody could come to us and ask for something. Otherwise questions, big questions would be ask to us. It's not that I mind them watching us surf, we did some Tandem - surfing, as long as they shut up and don't interrupt. Also Li was all they time with me - she's the extrovert from us if you don't notice yet. But now, I have to face them alone - alone awake because Li's little snores can be heard from above my head.