Chapter 16

Ash POV

a lot had happened in the past month. I had tought all my pokemon all the moves they could learn and all of them even leveled up a bit. all seven of them where pumped about the tournament that would start in an hour.

Jade and i had improved our relationship as well. we have gone on a lot of dates since we had a lot of time of course. I think we did each week at least 3 dates. 

i am pulled out of my mind when i hear the announcer speak up. It was finally time. the elven league conference was about to start. All participants where asked to enter the huge arena where the most important battles would be held later in the tournament. 

i followed everyone out on the field. When all of us had entered the field i saw Jason appearing on a stage that had been set up. when he saw that everyone was watching him decided he that it was time to speak up. he took a few steps forward and spoke up.

Jason: Another year has passed since the last conference. The winner of the conference last year had been unable to win the champion league. Today are all of you gathered here to try and win the right to challenge the same champion league that he had lost. i am excited! i want to see what kind of strong trainers have gathered here. i want all the participants to know that the elite four and i will we watching the battles with full attention. 
Now is also the time to explain the rounds of the tournament. the first rounds will be three on three battles, and they can be held in all four the stadiums. When there are only sixteen people remaining the final rounds will be started. These battles will all be six on six battles. 
Now i wish everyone a happy league and may the best trainer win!

After his speech ended exploded the stadium in cheers. Slowly stopped the people with cheering and began the trainers to exit the stadium. I met Jade just outside the stadium. she gave me a big smile as she saw me. 

jade: It finally started ash! the league has finally started!

i began to laugh and after a few seconds joined she as well. we walked back to the hotel after that. 

Time skip, next morning

i was standing in the locker room. My first battle was about to start. My oponent was a boy called gondra. i stood up when i heard the announcer call my name. I left the locker room through the door that connected itself to the stadium. For the first time in almost a year was i standing on league field once again. 

i walked to the trainer box and took my place. gondra was in his box as well. We both looked towards the referee. 

referee: this will be a pokemon battle between Ash and Gondra. each trainer is allowed to use three pokemon and changing pokemon is allowed. trainers please release your pokemon at the same time!

Both Gondra and i took a pokeball in our hands. We throwed the pokeballs at the same time, after the referee had counted down. Gondra's first pokemon was a mightyena. i had chosen my partner, meowscarada to start the league.

gondra: mightyena use fire fang!

Gondra ordered his pokemon quikly. His myghtyena ran towards Meowscarada with fangs of fire. i decided to start things of with a normal type move so meowscarada's type changed to normal as well. 

Ash: use sword dance to change your type. Then attack with aerial ace!

the swords surrounded meowscarada and her attack stat went up. in the mean time was mightyena still running up to her. A second before mightyena hitted her used she the aerial ace. the move hitted mightyena hard and the pokemon was thrown back seferal meters. 

gondra: mightyena please get up and use crunch!

mightyena stood back up, struggling. when he fully stood back up on his four paws rushed he forward.