Chapter 23

Ash POV

Amy and i threw our pokeball on the same time. On my side of the field appeared my Magmortar. Amy had chosen to start off with a Jolteon. Both of us looked at each other for a bit to see who would start. I decided that i should start this quickly. 

Ash: Okay Magmortar use psychic!

Magmortars eyes glowed blue and he moved his arm. With this movement aimed he the psychic at jolteon. Jolteon was lifted up into the air and slammed down, hard. 

Amy: Jolteon please get up and use thunderbolt!

Jolteon was able to get up quickly. He charged the electricity for a second before firing the thunderbolt. the thunderbolt headed to Magmortar when i called our my next move.

Ash: use double team and then use lava plume!

Magmortar's copies maked it so that the thunderbolt missed its real target and Magmortar fired the lava plume at jolteon as soon as all the copies had disappeared. Jolteon jumped up into the air to dodge the lava plume. Altough it was able to dodge most of the move, where its paws hit . The jolteon fell down and because of the pain in its legs was unable to get back up. I saw that Amy was about to return the pokemon so i decided to take it out before it could recover a bit. 

Ash: Take it out quickly with Overheat.

Magmortar aimed its arm at the wounded pokemon and fired the move. The moment it connected with jolteon did i know that it was unable to continue. I nodded to Magmortar to say he could stop using the move. He stopped and a very burned jolteon was seen on the field. 

referee: Jolteon is unable to battle. Trainer please choose your next pokemon. 

Amy returned her fallen pokemon and i saw her whisper a few words of thanks. She took out another pokeball and threw it. a swampert appeared and i looked at magmortar. He nodded at me to say that he wanted to continue this battle. 

Amy: use earthauke! then use Hammer Arm!

Ash: use Solar Beam!

Swampert slammed his arms into the ground and created the eartquake. The move hitted magmortar hard but he endured it and continued charging solar beam. Swampert began to move towards Magmortar again to strike with Hammer Arm. Before he was able to do that fired Magmortar the solar beam. The move hitted Swampert in the face but the pokemon continued forward and was able to strike magmortar in its belly. 

Amy: end this with hydro pump!

Ash: use hyper beam. 

Swampert fired the hydro pump towards Magmortar while said pokemon used the famous hyper beam. The two moves missed each other in the middle of the field and continued towards their oponent. the moves connected. When we where able to see the pokemon again was Swampert still standing but Magmortar was laying on the field. 

Referee: Magmortar is unable to battle! Trainer please choose your next pokemon. 

i returned Magmortar and thanked it. I took Nidoqueen's pokeball in my hand and threw it. Nidoqueen roared and was ready for the battle. 

Ash: we have to end this now that it is still tired. Combine dragon pulse and Sludge bomb!

Nidoqueen combined the two moves into one orb and fired it at the tired swampert.

Amy: try to smash it into the ground with hammer arm!

Swampert readied the hammer arm and smashed it. The orb and the hammer Arm had a battle but at the end was the hammer arm overpowered. Swampert flew back into the wall after the combination of moves had hit him.