Chapter 43

Ash POV

I was sitting in our hotel room, looking at the television. On the screen could all the trainers that advanced to the fourth round were seen. 

From the elven region: Ash, Jade, Jack, Daphne, Shane, Susan and Cindy. 
from Kanto: Red, Leaf, Blue, Brock, Misty and Sabrina
from Johto: Lance, Cristal, Karen, Koga, and Clair
from Hoenn: Steven, Phoebe, Glacia, Drake, Wallace, and Norman
from Sinnoh: Cynthia, Flint, Lucian, Volkner, Byron and Fantina
from Unova: Iris, Caitlin, Elesa, Skyla, and Drayden
from Kalos: Diantha, Malva, Siebolt, Vallerie, Korina, Wulfric
from Alola: Gladion, Hala, Olivia, Kahili, and Acerola
from Galar: Leon, Marnie, Raihan, Allister, and melony
from Paldea: Geeta, Nemona, Rika, Lono, and Tullup

that was the list of all official trainers that were stilk fighting. Some more trainers made it through to the fourth round like Paul and Allain, but not much. I looked at the first two matchups of the next day and sighed when I realised that the stadium would be filled with trainers wanting to watch the matches that were going to occur. 

The first match was Elven Champion Ash against Unova Champion Iris. The match after that was elite four leader Jade versus elite four leader Leaf from kanto. I heard that a lot of people were talking about those two matches and I sighed. I looked at the pokeballs I had prepared to face Iris. I had decided to take my only dragon type pokemon as well. Rayquaza would be happy to fight a little. 

I turned around and left the living room of the hotel room and maked ly way to the bedroom. I saw Jade already sleeping when I entered the room. I joined her in the bed, while making sure not to wake her up. 

................................

Jade and I both woke up around eight-thirty. I still had and hour and half to make my way to the stadium and both of us were exited for our battle. it had been a while since we last had a six on six battle with someone outside the elven region.

Jade wished me good luck just before I entered the locker room and I smiled back at her as thanks. Ten minutes after I entered the locker room was I called to the field. I stood in my box and Iris was standing in her and she looked quite confident. 

Referee: this will be a six on six battle between Champion Ash and Chapion Iris. All moves are allowed and pokemon are allowed to be switched out. Trainer Iris will release her pokemon first. 

Iris's first pokemon was her Archeops. It probably meant that she was going to use her non dragon-type pokemon first. It didn't really matter for me. I was going to use gardevoir to start anyway. I sended gardevoir out and Iris was clearly shocked at my choise. She probably tought I would use Gardevoir against her dragon-type pokemon. 

Ash: Gardevoir, use calm mind until she attacks. When she attacks use protect!

Gardevoir started to calm down. Her eyes were closed and a pink glow surounded her, indicating that the move was working. Iris, however was not going to just let it happen.

Iris: Use stone edge, then follow it up with Acrobatics!

Archeops flew down and smashed its fist into the ground, creating the stone edge that moved towards Gardevoir. Gardevoir opened her eyes and created the green shield around herto block the stone's. Then she jumped backwards to dodge Archeops, who was using Acrobatics as well. 

Ash: Gardevoir, use charge beam please. 

Gardevoir fired the chargebeam with her hand and I smirked when I noticed the glow, indicating that charge beam's special affect had taken place. Now her special attack was even stronger. Archeops however dodged the charge beam before it was able to deal any damage.