Chapter 37

Ash POV

I looked at the group who had just left the hotel and when my elite four saw them came they up to me as well. The five of us were now waiting until the group was close enough

they stopped walking when they were about five meters away from us. For a few minutes was no one talking. I saw that Serena looked angry when she saw that Jade and I were holding hands. It was something that confused and made angry quite a few people in the group.

I guess they really don't want me and Jade together and hoped I would get together with Serena. I knew it was something that was never going to happen, but I also knew that they would try to get me together with Serena. 

After a minute had passed spoke brock up. I guess that he was going to be the talker of the group.

 Brock: How have you been Ash? You should have said that you were coming here, we could have set up a welcome-back party.

I realised that by now everyone outside the hotel was listening to the location. They had chosen an outdoor location because they knew the public would say that they tried to talk to me in a polite way. 

Ash: I don't really see why I should have sent a letter or something like that Brock. We aren't friends anymore and didn't have any contact in the last few years. Why should I have sent a letter? 

they clearly didn't suspect an answer like that. Brock narrowed his eyes. 

Brock: What do you mean with, we aren't friends anymore?

one of my eyebrowes went up a little as I stared at the group like they were stupid. 

Jade:  We haven't been friends since the day you tried to give me up to the police without even listening to what I had to say Brock. I am sure that you and your friend would have tried to get me killed. I was lucky that Jade was there to save me that day. I won't do anything to against you because if i am honest am I happy now. I have a different life than any of you, so please do not try to mis those lives. It won't ent well.

they were silent after I finished. I saw that they where angry at what I had said. I turned around towards my real friends and I knew I needed something to drink. I looked at them and smiled. 

Ash: Any of you up for a beer?

They all nodded and we went to the bar to ask for a beer when we where interupted by max who had run forwards and stood in front of me. I looked at him and sighed. 

Ash: Get out of the way max.

I looked him in the eyes and saw that he wasn't planning on going out of the way. He took a pokeball out of his pockets and pointed the ball at me. 

Max: We are going to battle Ash. If I win I want you to become our friend again. If you win we shall no longer bother you this evening. 

I sighed but walked to the battlefield. Max followed after me and stood on the left side of the field while I stood on the other side. Max threw the pokeball he had been holding and it revealed to be a metagross. I decided to send out Magmortar. Max looked suprised that I had one but decided to just start the battle. 

max: okay metagross use Hammer arm!

Metagross started to spin around with the points in its feet glowing white. He started to spin towards Magmortar but I only shook my head in disappointment. 

Ash: use smokescreen and flamethrower. As soon as it is safe use Belly drum!

Magmortar raised one of his arms and smoke started to come out and hitted metagross. Then the flames started to appear and hitted the smoke, causing it to explode. The smoke goes away and everyone could see that metagross was badly damaged, but he was still hanging on.