Chapter 40

Ash POV

I smiled when I remembered the fight that I had with Snipe yesterday. Although Snipe was weak, was he able to fight and he knew his pokemons limits. I had respected him, until I heard that he claimed that I cheated. 

His complaint had been pushed down quickly by Mr.Goodshow himself and he had apologised as well. 

After the first round was over was I happy to know that everyone from the elven region gym leaders had made it through. Daphne, Jack, and Shane had defeated their opponents as well without losing a single pokemon in their battles. 

The second round of the tournament would start the next day, and I found out that Maylene, the fighting-type gym leader from Sinnoh would be my opponent. I had already decided that I would use Vaporeon as my pokemon and I could use any other pokemon if necessary.

Jade would be fighting  Bugsy, the bug-type gym leader from johto. I wasn't worried about that fight since bugsy was pretty weak. No other match upp stood out exept Lance against jeremy and Steven against Warren. 

I sighed and walked to the bed. It was late and I had to battle on 10 already, the first battle. I looked at the bed and smiled when I saw Jade sleeping already. She looked so beautifull laying like that. 

I walked to the bed and laid down under the blanket. After a few minutes was I sleeping besides my wife. 

I woke up the next morning at eight-thirty. Since Jade was only battling on eleven, did I let her sleep. I walked out the room and ate a quick breakfast in the restaurant before making my way to the stadium for my battle. 

I walked up towards my trainer box and glanced at Maylene. Altough she was clearly nervous was she also looking quite confident. I smiled. I was happy that she had become an confident gym leader. the referee glanced at both of us and after we gave him an nod started he his explanation. 

referee: This will be a three on three battle for the second round. The winner will become a participant for the third round of the tournament. All moves are allowed to be used, except if you have lost all your other pokemon. Trainers, you may release your fist pokemon. 

I looked at maylene and saw that she was watching me. She was probably going to choose a pokemon when she knew my first choise. I smiled and released vaporeon from its pokeball. Maylene looked at it and released a breloom. 

I looked at the pokemon and saw that it was well cared for and pretty powerfull for a pokemon from a gym leader. Then I smiled. This was not going to be too dificult. 

Ash: Vaporeon, use Acid Armor, Aqua Ring and defect to dodge the first attack. 

Vaporeon glowed purple when he used the acid armor. At the same time was he surounded by water from the aqua ring. 

Maylene: use bullet seed!

Breloom jumped up and started spitting out seeds, shooting them as bullets at Vaporeon. Vaporeon however was surounded by a small blue light and jumped out of the way, dodging every seed. 

After the attack had ended were both pokemon staring at each other, ready to attack but waiting for the orders from their trainer. I however decided to be patient and see what Maylene would do. I am sure that she is someone who attack hard and fast and if she does that then I can use it to counter attack. And like I thought, was she the one who ordered an attack first. 

Maylene: Use mach punch, then force palm!

Ash: push it back with hyper voice!

Vaporeon screamed towards the breloom, who was running towards him and the sound wave psuhed breloom back and canceled out the two moves it was preparing. I looked at Maylene and saw that she was getting nervous now that all her attacks were getting blocked.