Chapter 39

Ash POV

I was eating lunch with Jade by the hotel. My battle would be in 3 hours. I smiled a little as I remembered what had happened at dinner yesterday. 

During the dinner was it decided that the borders of all the regions would be open to anyone. A trainer could challenge every league as long as he had all the badges, and the home region from the trainer wouldn't matter. 

Of course were there also no attack treaties signed so that every region was in peace. If one of the regions attacked another would all the other regions hell the one that is being attacked.  

the rest of the evening we spent alone in our room. Jade and I watched a movie that was on the television and we decided to go to bed early, immediately after the movie. 

Jade and I finished our lunch and we left the restaurant. I took a look at a nearby clock and saw that we still had 2 hours and a half before I had to battle. I turned to Jade and saw that she was already looking at me. 

Ash: we still have some time before my match starts, so do you want to go take a walk in that nearby park we saw on our way to the hotel? 

she only nodded and the two of them walked towards the park. We looked around the beauttifull park and saw lots of pokemon playing in the river or sleeping in the sun. We smiled as well.

Since Jade was an elf had she a better understanding of nature, and since I had been living with elves for the past years have I picked up some of these things as well. We walked to a spot on the grass and sat down. 

two hours later was it time for us to go to the stadium for my battle. I only had half an hour left but there was no rule that said when you had to be at the locker rooms. 

I gave Jade a quick kiss before she left for the special box and I maked my way towards the locker room. I sat down in the locker room as I waited. 

Ten minutes later was I allowed to enter the field. I looked at my oponent as I walked towards the trainer box and saw that my oponent had a confident smirk on his face. He also had red hair. 

I sighed as I recognized the signs of an overconfident trainer. They where so anyong to deal with. When the referee had explained the rules again was it Snipe that sended out his pokemon first. I looked at his Swellow and saw that it was fairly strong, but nothing that I couldn't easily handle. 

I looked at Snipe and gave him my own confident smirk, something that maked him clearly angry. I took the pokeball of nidoqueen in my hand and threw it out. She gave a loud roar as she looked at her oponent. 

Snipe: let's win this quickly swellow! use brave bird!

Ash: double team to defend yourself!

the blue energy surounded swellow as it tried to hit nidoqueen but it only hits one of the copies. Altough swellow continued using the move to hit nidoqueen was it useless. It only hits copies. 

Ash: use rock slide!

nidoqueen roared and rocks started to rain from the sky. Swellow was able to dodge them but I saw that one of its wings was hit by a little piece of a rock. I almost laughed when I saw that Snipe had an overconfident smirk on his face again. 

Snipe: use huricane Swellow!

Swellow started to swing its wings around quickly, creating the huricane. I sighed and decided to end this and see if he had any other strong pokemon. 

Ash: End this with Blizard!

Nidoqueen openend her mouth and the blizard quickly connected with the hurricane. The winds started to freeze and soon after that did it look like the blizard had actually frozen the blizard. When the 2 moves stopped was Swellow falling down. It lay in front of Nidoqueen, who was ready to launch another attack. Before she could was she interupted by the referee. 

referee: Swellow is unable to battle. Please realease your next pokemon. 

I looked at Snipe and saw that he was angry. He was probably angry that I had defeated his pokemon with only one attack. I smirked when I realised that I had wounded his pride. Then it would be fun to play a little bit more with him. 

Snipe's second pokemon was a braviary. It was flying high in the sky and was keeping on an eye on Nidoqueen. Snipe was clearly angry. He tried to attack as soon as the referee gave the signal. 

Snipe: use brave bird, then zen headbutt!

Braviary was surouned by the blue light and dashed towards nidoqueen. Nidoqueen looked at me but I just gave her a nod, saying that she should take the attacks. She nodded back and took the brave bird without flinching. Then she did the same with the zen headbutt. 

Snipe was clearly suprised by this. He however decided that I had lost the will to fight and ordered Braviary to continue attacking. he had chosen to use thrash instead of brave bird. 

When the thrash attack was over was it time for my counter attack. I ordered Nidoqueen to use Rain dance and I smirked at Snipe, who looked confused. 

Ash: end this with thunder!

Snipe screamed at braviary to get out of there, but it was no use. The rain maked thunder always hit so the attack hitted. Braviary fell down and Snipe fell down to his knees. Then he looked up at me with hate.

referee: Braviary is unable to battle. Trainer choose your last pokemon. 

 He returned his pokemon and chose a dragonite as his last pokemon. I just smirked, making him even more angry.

Snipe: use dragon dance, then dragon claw!

Dragonite's stats increased and I smirked. Maybe this one would be worth my time. It roared and charged at Nidoqueen. 

Ash: use dragon claw as wel!

nidoqueen charged as well and the two pokemon met each other. Dragonite was the one who was pushed back, but it hadn't been hit. 

Snipe: then use extreme speed, folowed up  by eartquake!

the pokemon slammed in nidoqueen who was pushed back by extreme speed. After that slammed dragonite his claws into the ground, creating the eartquake. the move hitted as well of course, dealing a lot of damage. 

Snipe: eartquake again!

Dragonite slammed his claws into the ground again, creating another eartquake. The crows was silent. They thought that Snipe had actualy defeated nidoqueen. I was however smirking, somehting that confused the crowd and Snipe. 

The smoke went away and everyone understood why I was smirking. Nidoqueen was just standing there, surounded by a protect. 

Snipe: but how? You never yelled out a command!

Ash: A real trainer trains his pokemon so that it can defend and attack on his own. Nidoqueen saw danger and used protect so that she could continue. The only reasons she didn't do that by Braviary was because I didn't want her to then. Now, it is time to end this. combine blizard with thunder!

A yellow blizard was fired from nidoqueen at the suprised dragonite. The pokemon didn't stand a change. It fell to my right side and stayed down after such a powerfull combination attack. 

referee: Dragonite is unable to battle. The winner is Ash Black from the Elven region.