Chapter 41

Ash POV

I returned Vaporeon after I thanked it for the hard battle it just fought. I walked to the other side of the field and offered her a hand. She looked at it surprised. She looked from the hand to me and back. Then she took it and the crowd began to roar. 

Ash: That was a good battle Maylene. You have become way stronger since the last time I saw you.

She looked surprised at me again and I offered her one final smile before I turned around and walked back to my locker room. I entered the room and smiled when I saw Jade standing there. I walked to her and we shared a kiss. 

Jade: that was a good battle. Although I only saw the fight with Lucario could I see that she has some well-trained Pokemon. 

Ash: She definitly has some good ones. she is a good trainer but like everyone can she improve her style a little. i don't think she has s single status move to help her in her fight, she only uses strenght. 

Jade: Well if it works for her then it is good. Altough you are right that some status moves never hurt anyone. Well then, It is my battle now. 

Ash: Good luck, I will be watching in the elite box. Come there after the battle, then we can decided what we are going to do for the next days. 

she nodded and left the locker room. I left as well and maked my way to the elite box. When I entered was I suprised to see that there was no one else there. jason adn Goodshow where outside commenting on the battles, but they were the only one's. 

I just walked to an seat with a good view of the battle stadium and smiled when I saw Jade looking at her opponent Bugsy. Standing in front of Bugsy was a Scizor, who looked like it had already taking some damage. 

In front of Jade was her Arcanine standind. Arcanine looked like it hadn't taken a lot of damage and it probably hadn't. Then I saw Arcanine using Flare Blitz. Scizor was defeated by the move and Bugsy's next pokemon was a Heracross. 

I was surprised when I saw that Heracross was able to pull of a few succesfull moves like Close combat and an giga impact. She had even boosted the power by using sword dance. Jade however did a powerull counter attack. 

Heracross was quickly defeated after that by an overheat. Heracross wasn't even able to dodge it because the draw back from the giga impact. Bugsy's last pokemon was a yanmega. I was suprised by it, but I supposed it was a good choise for a bug type trainer to have.

Bugsy used yanmega's high speed  and double team to try and confuse Arcanine and then attack. Altough it worked for a minute was Jade able to quickly take command back and order arcanine to use one of my strategies from the sinnog league. 

She ordered Arcanine to use dig and create several tunnels. After that was Arcanine ordered to use Flare Blitz. Because of that was the field becomming warm. Some fire even began to escape from the field and this fire hitted Yanmega. 

The pokemon fell down on the field, which was by now completly on fire. The pokemon didn't stand a change and Jade was declared the winner of the fight. I smiled when we locker eyes and she smiled back. 

She turned around and entered the locker room. Five minutes after that opened the door and I looked up to see my beautifful wife walking towards me. She sat down besides me and we watched the next people starting their match. We turned to each other after a few minutes. 

Ash: what would you like to do for the today and tomorrow? We don't have any matches then and the third round only starts in two days. The only thing that we have to do tomorrow is looking for our matchup for the third round. 

Jade thought for a minutes before she answered. 

Jade: Maybe we can watch the matches from here today. There isn't much to do in the city anyway and then we can go exploring tomorrow. I heard that there is this beauttifull spot in the north of the region. There are all kinds of flowers there and even some kind of fary-type training base from the school of the paldea region.

I smiled and nodded. 

Ash: very well then, we will watch the matches for today and tomorrow we can go to that spot in the north of the region. 

An hour later was it time for luch, so we asked some staff if there was a restaurant in the stadium. They however said that the elite box included food. They explained that a computer was linked to the kitchen of the restaurant and that there was a food elevator. 

We thanked them for explaining it and we ordered some light luch. We ate our luch while we watched the matches, but I must say that I was pretty disapointed when I saw how weak most of the trainers were. 

IBrock, Misty, Max, Cilan, Iris, Clemont and Gladion had all maked it through as well. The other members of my former travel companions still hadn't fought or had been defeated already.

Serena had been defeated in the first round and so had chloe, Lana, Mallow and Bonnie. Dawn had maked it to the second round but had lost in a battle against Misty, altough it had been close, which surprised me since Misty was a gym leader and shouldn't lose against a coordinator. May had maked it throught the first round as well and would battle tomorrow to see if she would make it to the third round. Her opponent was Leaf, the leader of the kanto elite four. Because of that was she probably not going to make it to the third round either. 

I just shaked my head. The group had not improved that much since they betrayed me five years ago. They were still pretty weak and it was a surprise that so many of them had even maked it this far.

Jade had looked disapointed as well when she realised how weak most trainers were. The only trainers who would give us even a little bit a challenge were the elite four members and the champions. 

They had all won their fights as well, altough I suspected that at least some of them would fail to go the fourth round of the tournament. I was sure that my elite four members would all make it to the fourth round at least. 

Over the years had they grown more powerfull as well and I was sure that each one of them could defeat the weakest of the champions, which in my eyes were Gladion, Lance and Diantha. Altough Diantha might be a challenge for some of them. I didn't know if Jack would be able to beat Dianta, but I knew that he would at least bring her down to her last pokemon. 

I was sure that even against the other champions they would be able to take out at least three of their pokemon and I included Red, Leon and Cynthia in that list. And Jade would be able to beat all of them, alought even she would lose some pokemon against them. 

We decided to go back to the hotel around half five. We would first go to the park walk around a little and then go back to the hotel to eat and go to bed early. Then we would be able to get up around nine as well. And after we had eaten would we be able to go to that spot in the north of the region. I had found out that the spot was called the north province area 3. 

We arrived at the hotel after our relaxing walk through the park and maked our way to the restuarant. We joined the the gym leaders and elite's of the region to have dinner and even Professor Hazel joined in. She had even brought Jason with her as well and we all had a lot of fun while talking about our battles up until now and how easy they had been for some of us. 

The gym leaders had also said that they had been training together with some leaders from the other regions each day to improve their skills by watching proffessions from other places battle. 

We entered our room after dinner was over and we decided to watch a movie before we went to bed. We had also realeased our pokemon in the big room, including our big one's like jade's Salamence, Ursaring, arcanine, Electrivire and Gyarados and my own big one's like Rayquaza, magmortar and Nidoqueen. 

they had all been happy with that and they had demanded that they were also allowed to watch the movie. Because of that were we now all watching the movie that they had chosen while laughing with each other and the movie.

After the movie was over were some pokemon already sleeping. We just smiled at them and after doing our own routing, fell asleep in our bed.