Chapter 33

Pallet town Hospital

3 person POV

the doctors were rushing inside the room of the famous Professor Oak, who had just woken up from his coma. they began to check up on him, while another doctor called the PLA. 

while said doctor was calling the PLA, where the others checking him. They were making sure that everything worked as it is supposed to. They also asked him some questions, although none of them about Ash, to make sure that he still had his memory. 

After the check-up was completed came they to the decision that everything was okay, although he was a little bit weak, something that was normal, seeing that he just woke up from a coma that longed for 2 years. 

doctor: Sir, you are good to leave. We have contacted the PLA and your grandson and like i said before are you allowed to leave the hospital. The PLA however, is waiting outside and wants to do an interview with you. 

Prof.Oak: Thank you for your help doctor. I shall leave the hospital imediatly. 

I did as the doctor had asked and maked my way to the entrance of the hospital. I left the hospital and was greeted by lots of reporters, altough they where not approaching me. In front of the reporters was Mr.Goodshow standing. 

I walked forward until I stood in front of him. He smiles at me and I smile back. He was about to speak when a car suddenly stopped. The doors opened and out of the car stepped Gary. Soon after that where there a few other cars that stopped and out of these cars stepped Ash's former travel companions, Delia and the Champions. Prof.Oak looked around confused because he didn't see Ash as the Alola champion and instead of Ash there was Gladion. 

Gary ran forward and hugged Prof.Oak. Oak hugged back and you could see tears in Gary's eyes. Ten minutes later was the tearfull reunion over and since the other professor's appeared as well was it time for questions. Prof.Oak had seen that Ash still wasn't here and he feared that something had happened since Gladion acted like the Alola champion. That and none of his friends where talking about him. 

Goodshow saw that the professor had questions and decided it was time to give him the answers to those questions. 

He walked forward, since he had given them some space to talk and as soon as they saw him they stopped with talking and make place for him. The reporters where filming this as well. 

Goodshow: I can see that you have questions professor. I will answer them to the best of my ability. 

Prof.Oak: Thank you, mr.Goodshow. I have quite a lot of questions but the one I really want an answer to is simple. Where is Ash?

Silence. Everyone had stopped with talking, even the whispers had stopped. When the professor looked at the man in front of him he knew something was wrong. 

Prof.Oak: Wel? Where is he? 

Goodshow tought that the Professor wanted to know of Ash was caught of not. Because of that was everyone so silent. They all tought he was going to be disappointed that he wasn't found in the 2 years that he was in a coma. 

Goodshow: He is still on the run after his crime. But I can assure you that he will be ...

Professor Oak interupted the man before he could finish his sentence by glaring at the man. Goodshow was confused. Why was the professor glaring? 

Prof.Oak: On the run? For  a crime? Then what did he do? 

Goodshow looked at the man and he saw that the professor was really confused. Then he suddenly became afraid. The professor didn't know why Ash was on the run. That could only mean one thing. Had the PLA really maked such a mistake. Had they really droven away a Champion? 

Goodshow: Ash is on the run for attacking you, Professor. He has been on the run since the attack 2 years ago. 

The professor didn't speak for a minute before he turned around and ran towards his lap, the people all folowing him. Goodshow called after hhim and the professor turned around as he reached the lab. 

Prof.Oak: Ash was not the one who attacked me, Goodshow. 

Silence folowed after that statement. People where confused. And some, like Ash's former companions where afraid. Afraid that they had framed their friend for a crime he didn't commit. When the people where calmed down a little where they watching as the professor logged into a computer. Soon was there a request and after allowing him, was the old professor ready to show the world the camera recording from that moment two years ago. 

The recording began and the reporters where filming it as well. Everyone watched as Ash entered the lab. They saw him releasing his pokemon in the lab garden and they saw him walking back inside. Since the professor didn't have sound recording on his camera's where they not able to hear the conversation between the two. But everyone was chocked as the team rocket grunt entered the house. The people where silent as they watch the grunt take out the gun. They where all silent as they saw the professor push Ash out of the way and take the bulled in Ash's place. the recording ended and everyone was silent for another minute. 

Then the chaos began. People began screaming when they realised that they had framed an innocent boy. Goodshow and Lance, who was of course an important member of the internatiol police where looking very pale. They even gulped when they saw the proffesor walking towards them. The professor stands still in front of them.

Prof.Oak: You saw what really happened. Please make sure that he is released from all charges. 

They nodded and Lance left immediatly. They saw as he took out a phone and began to make several calls. And so did Goodshow. 

Everyone left the lab area since they wanted to make peace whit what they had just learned. And the proffesor walked inside the lab. he sat down on his couch and sighed. he looked outside and after a few minutes he spoke up. 

Prof.Oak. I hope you are al right Ash.

the folowing days was it released that Ash was no longer a wanted criminal. The police departments once again stared to search for him, this time with a different reason. He was given the change to become the Alola champion once again, he could challenge Gladion directly. When they asked The PLA why they didn't give him back the title they responded with: we don't know if he still is stronger than gladion. That is why that if he wants back the title he will have to defeat gladion. But he will be remeberd again as the first alola champion.

What they didn't know what that they would only find him 2 years from now. 

Ash POV

I was watching the news with Jade. I was very happy that the professor had awoken. But I had decided to ignore the PLA. I was happy as the elven champion and didn't need another region to take care of. 

The only thing that I did do was send a letter to prof.Oak saying that I was happy that he woke up and that he didn't need to search for me. That I was happy where I was and that we would meet again when the time was right.