Chapter 36

Ash POV

Leon and I were standing in front of each other, separated by the battlefield. We were both looking at the other, trying to figure out a way to win. I smiled, knowing that it wouldn't be too difficult. The referee walked up to the side of the field and both of us look at him so that he can explain the rules for this battle. 

Referee: this will be a one-on-one battle between Ash Black and Leon Dante. Moves like volt switch and the like are forbidden. Trainers, release your  Pokemon!

Leon took a Pokeball in his hand and after throwing it was it revealed to be his partner, Charizard. Said Pokemon roared and I smiled. So Leon was using his partner? Well, then he should do the same. I took Meowscarada's Pokeball in my hand. 

Ash: Win this for me, Partner.

I threw the ball and Meowscarada took a confident stand in front of me. She also gave me a barely noticeble nod as a sigh that the would have everything under control. What I had forgotten was that everyone could hear the things that were said, so everyone had heard that I called her my partner. 

I could hear that the crows was in shock at my words. They didn't believe that I called another pokemon than Pikachu my partner. I looked towards the referee and he gave us the sigh that we could start. 

Ash: use thunder punch!

Meowscarada ran forward with the electricity on her fist. I smirked knowing that leon didn't know that her type now electricity was. 

Leon: Flamethrower!

Charizard fired the flamethrower at meowscarada who jumped over it. She attmeped to hit Charizard with the thunder punch but he just flew up to dodge it. Meowscarada glared at the flying form of the fire type. 

Ash: okay then use nasty plot, then chilling water!

Meowscarada smirked as the dark thoughts entered her mind and she glared again at the dragon. The water surounds her and she jumps up with a high speed, suprising the fire type. She fires the wave in the air and Charizard wasn't able to dodge the incomming move and was hit. He fell down and landed hard on the ground. 

Charizard got back up but it was clear to everyone that the attack did a lot of damage. I smirked at Leon's worried look. I can see Leon looking at me and back at his pokemon. I knew he was going to attack. 

Leon: use Fire blast!

Charizard flies up a little and fires the move. I nod at Meowscarada and she smirks. She looks at the incomming fire type move and takes it head on. I hear the suprised gasps of people in the crows. And I can clearly see the suprise on everyone's faces as they see that the attack did almost nothing. I decided to reveal the secret at  Leon's suprised face. 

Ash: Meowscarada's ability is Protean. It chanched her type to electric in the begining after we used Thunder punch. And now use Flower trick, Foul play and giga impact. 

Meowscarada jumped up and threw the bouquet of flowers at charizard who was to suprised by the sudden attack to dodge. She folowed it up by slamming herself into Charizard with Foul play and before it was able to recover surounds herself with the giga impact. she runs forward and slams herself into the pokemon and Charizard flew back into the wall of the arena. The referee run to the pokemon and looked at it.

Referee: Charizard is unable to battle. The winner of the match is champion Ash Black. 

I heard the elfen in the crows cheering, but they were the only one since the others were to shoked. They didn't think i could defeat Leon so easily. I looked at leon and saw that he was just as shocked as the public. Then he smiled.