My Baby Girl

Rewritten

Driving to the Hospital was there the worst. I had major butterflies in my stomach, Merle was laughing at how fast I was driving to get my baby, not even knowing the name of my little one but Id know she would be perfect.

I had major problems with my own mental thoughts of not turning out to be like my Pa but I know I would never do anything to hurt her that she was mine and no one was going to hurt her.

He kept making fun but really he was just as nervous and worried as I was. Arriving I placed the truck in the first space I see, locking it I run with Merle to the main office.

"Hey, some girl called sayin ma baby been born" I say looking at her and around the room at other patients waiting for appointments. "Daryl Dixon right?" she asks "yep and this ma brother Merle" I say pointing to Merle. "Right this way" she says getting up and showing us to ma baby.

"Heres the room" she says smiling at Merle and walking away with her hips swaying from side to side, Merle was enticed.

I open the door and see the most beautiful baby in the world in the arms of pure evil. I walk in expecting Merle to be following but he is just staring in the direction of the nurse.

"Even in a hospital you're pickin' up women" I say smiling and knocking him out if his stare. He turns to me and shoves my shoulder and walks ahead of me.

I walk towards Chantell and take the small child from her arms "This is her?" I question looking at the baby in her arms.

"Yep, this is yours. Now I never seeing your redneck trash anywhere near me or my friends. And this child will never know who I am and no one will find out either, you understand."

She says getting up from the bed she was laying in and touching the baby on the cheek before looking towards me.

I may not want the child, but please treat her well She says looking at the baby and a tear running down her face.

Babe, come on lets leave this trash Phillip says as he extends his hand and then turns to me.

Ive done the good thing of paying for the medical bill, in return you never see us again, kapeesh he says kissing Chantelle on the cheek. Understood I say looking to my daughter.

"I like the name Mary" she says smiling at the baby and places a hand on her stomach before bending to kiss her cheek as I move the baby away and step away. She nods and walks out of our lives.

My little baby girl in my arms. Looking down she opens her eyes, blue like my own.

"Hey, little one. I'm your daddy and I will always look after ye and no matter wha' no 'arm will ever com' to ye for as long as I live" I say smiling down at the baby girl in my arms. She stretches her arms before yawning and looking up at me.

"We live" I hear from behind me as Merle comes in and looking at the little girl in my arms. Shes a beaut he says playing with one of her hands.

"What ye namin' er'" Merle askes playing my girls hand which curls to hold his.

"Donno, the women wants Mary but dat a shi- a bad name" I correct myself for the younger ears that could be listening and learning.

"What about Nancy" Merle says looking at a nurse walking by and winking with a cocky smirk. "Seriously this will be her name until she dies, think harder" I say laughing at his attempt.

"Mr Dixon, I'm nurse willow. I need you to write her carers and name for the birth certificate.

"We're tryin' to name er'" I say looking at her "couple more minutes to think" I say looking at my baby girl. Nodding the nurse walks away.

"Anythin?" Merle asks. My brain is spinning with different names. Olivia, Elizabeth, Samantha but none of them suit her

Can I Merle says looking at the baby. I hand her over to him carefully and he supports her in a cradle.

Daddy, look another new baby A girl says looking into the room and walking in. Can I see her she asks looking to Merle

Ya gonna have to ask her daddy he says nodding in my direction

Of course you can I say as Merle hands her back to me and I bend down and show the kid my baby

Whats her name she asks as she touches her head. Not sure yet, trying to figure it out I say smiling at my baby.

Im here because my mummy is having my little brother she says looking at me His name is Brock and hes awesome she says smiling at her.

What would you name her? I ask the child as the baby starts to whimper Umm she steps away and looks to her dad, me, Merle and the baby before she whispers Megan and looks to me.

Megan I repeat Megan Dixon and look to my baby. I like it Megan it is I exclaim and the child jumps up Daddy, I named their baby like I did Brock she says jumping towards her father.

Thats great honey, but we should go back now He says stoking her hair before smiling at me and shaking my hand If you want to change the name, you can he says smiling and turning away.

Wait, what's your name? I ask the child who is pulling her father away Megan she smiling and walking away.

"Megan Dixon" I say smiling at her "Ma little Meg" I say rocking her back and forth. "My baby brother's baby Meg and ma new Niece Meg" I say smiling.

"Got a name yet" Nurse Willow asks. "Yep, Megan Dixon and me and Merle are her two carers" I say smiling at her. "Very well, she is a healthy baby girl and was born with no complications.

If you have everything we can discharge her and you can be on your way. Please" I say looking at my girl in my brother's arm.

"My baby Megan" I say still smiling from ear to ear.