At camp

Rewritten

We have been at the camp for about 2 weeks and surprisingly a lot of things have happened in that time.

Daddy is the hunter of the group and I sometimes go with him with my crossbow to see if I can catch anything. Not yet but definitely soon, he says that I'm getting better.

Merle is being an asshole a word from Shane, Lori, Andrea, Amy and most others in the group. They say that he is always being racist and sexiness which is bad because everyone is the same no matter their colour, well that's what Lori says anyway.

I asked daddy what sexiness is and he said that it is pronounced "sexist" and is the bad mouthing of girl and boy.

Amy's birthday is in 3 days and she isn't as excited as she normally is but Andrea and I are hopefully going to get her a present.

Daddy has gone hunting again and left me here, but I do have my uncle Merle looking after me. Lori has gone to collect berries whilst Shane is hunting, which I don't understand because my daddy is the hunter.

"Uncle M, can I go looking for berries with Lori?" I ask running up to uncle M and tugging on his trouser leg. "She's just left, please" I say looking up at him with puppy dog eyes.

"Al'right, make sure that Dale can always see ya, and Lori knows ya there" he says walking away towards his tent. I run in the direction where Lori went, hoping to catch her before I lose her.

Looking around all I can see is green and trees, so I use the techniques that daddy and uncle M taught me of tracking and following the footsteps. Coming to a clearing I can see Lori "Lori" I shout walking towards her just as Shane comes towards her and kisses her.

I watch for a while and see Shane laying Lori down. "What are you doin'?" I ask walking towards them with my small bucket in hand.

"Megan get the fuck outta here!" Shane shouts before getting up off Lori and fixing their clothing "But I was gonna-" I started to say looking to the bucket in my hand

"What the hell are you doing away from camp" Lori says bending down to my height. I look up at her. "I wanted to come pickin' berries with ya, uncle M said it was alright" I say looking down at the empty bucket in my hand. "Come on lets go back" Lori says to me.

She stops and turns to Shane "we'll finish this tomorrow" she whispers quietly but daddy taught me to listen always listen and then you'll know what to do. Or something like that otherwise you will miss out on hunting opportunities.

"What bout the berries?" I say turning to see Lori and Shane kissing "opps" I say walking back to camp a little ahead of the two of them.

I can see Dale's largest truck "DALE" I shout waving and running towards him, but am grabbed from behind.

"You don't tell anyone, you understand Meg" Shane said looking at me and gripping my arms tightly "ow, your hurting me" I say looking at his grip. He releases me and I can see imprints of his hands. "Okay, Shane" I say walking back to camp slowly.

"Dale, have you seen uncle Merle?" I ask "aww sweetie he went to Atlanta with Glenn and the others" he said looking down at me. "When will he be back?" I ask walking back a bit so that I don't hurt my neck. "Before sunset darling" he says as I walk away. As I walk away I turn and wave towards dale. I walk around the camp swinging my arms and signing. "I'm bored" I grumble walking around.

Looking around I see Carl getting a haircut from Lori and talking to Shane when there is a siren blaring around the camp. I look in the direction of the sound as Shane immediately gets up to take control as a red sports car arrives and Glenn get out. "Glenny" I say smiling and waving at him. 

The camp swarm his asking questions about why so loud, where everyone else, what about walkers. After the questions die down a large truck that holds the people and rations comes into sight.

I jump trying to find uncle M in the crowd. "Hey, Helicopter boy come say hello" as a guy comes out in police uniform. "DAD!" Carl shouts running to the man and hugging him as Lori also walks up and hugs him to.

After a while I walk up to the truck and look inside. I can't see uncle M anywhere. I walk up to Carl's dad and tug on the end of his shirt. "umm, where's me Uncle Merle?" I ask looking up at him.

"Your Uncle Merle was being a bad man, we had to leave him there?" he said looking for my name "Megan Dixon" I say monotone. "I'm sorry Meg" he says.

"What'd he do?" I ask tearing up. "He was rude and nasty to the others and became a problem and there was nothing we could do but leave him, sorry sweetie" he said placing his hand on my shoulder.

I nod and sniff before more tears begin to fall and run to daddy and I's tent. I pick up vixen and look to Merle's tent as my eyes begin to fall and I fall asleep waiting for daddy to come home from hunting.