The crossbow and the locket

Bit of a filler chapter i haven't watched the season that comes after TERMINUS 

We've been walking for ages with Meg falling asleep on my shoulder snoring into my ear. She wakes up occasionally scared that she's alone again but I quickly correct her.

It's starting to get warm again and we stop for a quick rest eating the little food we have and drinking the bottles of water. Meg wakes up and starts running around giving people water and food if they need any.

"Look at you the little helper" I say to her and she beams a massive smile at me. She walks over to where I am sitting with my legs laying in front of me.

"Daddy, did you forget again" she says looking at me with a frown. I look around at the faces of the group all of them looking at me with a disapproving look. "Umm" I mumble and look at Rick who is mouthing something at me. "Wha?" I say to Rick as Meg turns to see Rick helping him.

"Err, I hate you" she says crying and running away. She runs to Abraham and he picks her up as she cries into his neck.

"Wait, Meg" I say standing up with my leg cracking as I do so. I walk over to her to hear her sobbing into Abraham's shoulder

I grab her waist and pick her up taking her away from the group and to a separate area of the woods. She looks up at me with her eyes filling with tears

"Do you really think I forget your 8th birthday" I say smiling and kneeling down as Meg stops crying and starts to smile. "Wha'd you get me" she says jumping up and down smiling even bigger

I reach into my pocket and pull out a neckless. It is a locket engraved with a crossbow, I hand it over to her and she grabs it.

"Wow" she says as she opens it to see a smaller picture from when she was a baby of Merle, Meg and I on the other side is a small version of when she was 4 and she is on my shoulders holding her mini crossbow whilst 'm holding mine and we are both posed aiming at the camera.

"Daddy, thank you" she says jumping at me and wrapping herself around my waist. I lift her up into my arms and slowing shake back and forth, I kiss her head and drop her to the ground.

"Where did you find it?" she asks me holding it in her fingers and then looks at me.

"I've had it since you were little, I was waiting for you to be older so you can look after it and now is the perfect time" I say walking back to the group with my hand in her back.

Meg POV

"Were you surprised?" Carl asks me as he fiddles with his hat "Yeah, I though daddy forgot but he was just be sneaky" I say looking to him

We were going past a lot of parked cars when a gunshot goes off, I look to Carl and see him looking towards his father as he has a gun to his head.

"Give us everything you have, weapons, food, water and medicine, EVERYTHING" the person yells at the group.

"We ain't gonna give you anythin" daddy says looking to me to make sure that I am alight when I see his fingers in the shame of a gun aiming at the floor and I nod my head.

Ever since daddy's dad was horrible and Merle was too sometimes daddy and I have had a secret code for me to either help or not. If a finger is showing it means stay still and quiet and if in a gun pose then it means help but carefully.

I was around a car and look through the window to see most of the group slowly gathering the supplies into their bags.

I get a big stick and carefully walk towards the man, standing behind him I see he has a walky talky.

I aim the stick to hit him between the legs and once it hits the targets Rick goes into attack and shoots him between the eyes.

"Hell yeah, that's my girl" daddy says chuckling and giving me a high five and rubbing my head.

"Nice hit" Rick says smiling at me with his beard moving with his words and a little giggle from Judith.