Flashback 2 - My Cherokee Rose

"Meggie" I hear someone whisper before coming into mu room. I hear the door shut behind them but I keep my back facing them.

I know it is daddy trying to cheer me up, Uncle M was nasty to me because I fell over and cried and he shouted at me.

"Meg, baby talk to me" Daddy says to me, He places his hand on my side and pulling me towards him as I turn around.

"Meg, what happened?" He asks wiping my cheeks free from tears with the bad of his thumb.

"I hurts me weg, I fwll ovwa ncle Mwale" I tell daddy continuing to cry.

"Little one, shh" daddy says picking my up and placing me on his lap as I turn around and wrap my arms around his waist and cry into his shirt.

Daddy strokes my back as I sob into his shirt. "Dady, it huts" I say turning around in daddy's lap and holding up my leg.

Daddy picks me up and takes me to the room with the poop place. He sits me down on a counter top.

He gets the green box with a white cross. He picks up this piece from inside. "He picks up my leg and kisses my leg and then places this thingy on my leg. It starts to sting "No" I say pulling my leg away from daddy's hands.

"Baby, I have to make sure that the bit that hurts doesn't have any dirt in it" he says taking my leg again but I pull it away "It dosen't av any" I say as daddy cracks a smile.

"But I still need to check it, okay baby" He picks up my leg for the last time before dabbing the white cloth on it before looking at me

"Pepper Pig or micky mouse?" daddy asks as I shout "Pwepper Pig!" he places the thing on my leg then kisses where it hurts.

"There you go little one, all better" daddy says picking my up from the poop room and taking me to the TV room.

"What do you want to watch Dora or Daniel?" daddy asks placing me on the seat "Dorwa" I say getting comfortable.

"Daryl, come 'ere" Uncle M says from the door way. Daddy gets up and turns the volume up on the TV.

Daryl POV

"Merle, how dare you shout at my daughter for falling over, she is 2 and a half years old" I say shaking my head and looking at my little one from the doorway.

"She needs to grow up, can't always be a baby" he says smacking his lips together.

"You must be kidding me, she IS a baby" I say exaggerating the 'is' "If you continue treating her like that you'll be made to leave" I sat stepping my foot down.

"Oh yeah and how'll you pay for bills" He says raising his eye brows and scoffing.

"You don't pay them now and haven't paid any for about 6 months. All your money goes on strippers, alcohol and drugs" I says shaking my head.

"Your kid is a baby and will probably grow up like all the girls 'ere. A whore" As soon as he says that I slap him.

"Get the fuck outta this house, I don't want to see you for a long time. Meg is going to be the only girl from this place who is going to be a college girl and marry outta this town. You'll see" I say slamming the door in Merle's face.

Turning around I see my little girl watching TV "Yes, No, twers no one der" She screams at the TV clapping and laughing at Boots the Monkey.

Smiling I walk over to her and place her on my lap wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Baby, Uncle Merle is going away and when he comes back he will hopefully be good again" I say.

Meg looks up at me "Mwale was a bad man" She says looking at me "Yea, he can't hurt Ya now" I say kissing the top of her head as she snuggles into me.

"Dwady, me want stwory" She asks with her eyes wide like saucers "Cherokee Rose?" I question her "Yes!" she shouts as I get into the story.

By the time I finish the story Meg is fast asleep. I walk her up to the room and tuck her into bed then kissing her forehead.

"Have a good nap my little one, My Cherokee Rose."