MEG, WHERE ARE YOU!

Shane was going to teach Carl how to catch frogs, I followed Carol who was doing some of the washing with the other women from the camp.

"Ye doin' all the work because ye need de men to save ye sorry asses and they can't do tha if they're tired" I say looking up from the shirt I was wringing.

All the women stop and looks at me "Tha's wha uncle Merle says anyway, I don't believe tha" I say continuing with the work.

"What do you believe" Carol says putting emphasis on the 'you'.

"I think that without women the men wouldn't have any idea how to survive. They 'need' to save our butts. Nah, we can do it ourselves but we let the men do it so that they feel needed" I say looking at them all Jacqui nods and smiles and we all begin again the work again.

I come into the conversation when Amy talks to mw "Meg, what do you miss from your normal life" she asks looking at me.

"I miss uncle Merle's drug talk, when daddy when huntin, merle eats sweets and tells funny stories about daddy" I say giggling.

"I miss my vibrator" Andrea says and the girls begin to laugh.

"Me too" Carol says causing the group to burst out in surprised laughter.

"What's so funny?" Carols husband asks walking towards us smoking a cigarette.

Andrea begins to argue about what Ed does around camp when Ed slaps Carol. As he does that I kick the back of his knees bringing him to the ground before kicking him in the groin

"Never hit a women no matter how old and no mater wha they av done" is say as Shane comes over to take over the beating.

"Shane stop!" we all shout and then he threatens him before walking away, as we watch.

"Megan, never get in the way of an older man fighting. You are too young to understand but he could easily kill you, okay" Amy says bending down to my level.

I look down "okay" I say continuing to do the washing.

2 Hours Later

We were watching Shane attempting to stop Jim from digging holes. I was standing in front of Carol who was looking after Carl and Sophia.

"Nothing to be scared of" Jim says leaning on his shovel.

"I ain't scared Jimbo, ye wanna dig, ye dig, mat be monsters walkin, but it's still a free country" I say walking towards him. Hugging his legs I walk back with Amy whilst Shane continues to talk to Jim.

Dark

We were all sitting around the camp fire eating some rabbit and squirrel that daddy caught laughing at the different stories that were being told. Amy got up to go to the toilet whilst we continued talking.